Electrical Automation Engineer
We are engaged with a local global fortune 500 company who has many years of success and experience designing and manufacturing quality and innovative products in NA and abroad. This position is working within the progressive division that is responsible for developing product inspection equipment that is used in a variety of industries around the world. Join a collaborative work environment that has a visionary leader and a strong, engaging culture that will have future career opportunities beyond this position.
Apply for this job Apply for this job
Job DescriptionAs an Automation Engineer you will be part of a collaborative engineering team that is responsible for designing systems to meet customer specifications and releases these “jobs” to planning and purchasing for production. You will deliver robust electrical designs (schematics, component selection, etc.) and support on time delivery to our customers.
Description of Responsibilities:
• Design UL508a, CSA certified control panels for Metal detectors, X-Ray, and Checkweigher. (Design Hazardous location)
• Develop conveyor control systems using Servo Motor Drives, Allan Bradley POWERFLEX 4M/525 VFDs, ABB VFDs.
• Program and test different types of communication modules (Modbus TCP/IP, Ethernet/IP, Profinet, Devicenet, OPC UA , RS-232, RS-422, etc. )
• Select, modify, and design electrical drawings and select electrical components
• Provide costs for all electrical aspects of custom builds following our custom quote process
• Work with outside vendors to source new and alternative parts for EOL components
• Process ECOs for electrical drawings, manuals, procedures, item changes, etc. and update procedures
• Support multi-functional groups in Sales, Customer Service, Tech Service, Marketing, and US & China production sites (system assembly, wiring, checkout, testing)
• Provide project management support (as needed on new projects)
Required and Desired Skills:
- Education Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of experience or Associate degree with 10+ years of experience.
- Highly proficient with reading and creating schematics through AutoCAD (mechanical and electrical).
- Previous experience with AC & DC motors, controllers, power supplies
- Excellent electrical and mechanical troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with PLC programming & comprehension (Allan Bradley Micro 810/820/830, Connected Component Workbench (CCW), Panel view HMI, Allan Bradley ControlLogix, Studio 5000).
- Prior experience with Cognex/Sick Barcode Scanner, and Vision System is highly preferred.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to solve equipment problems (conveyors, metal detectors, x-rays and checkweighers – with some training).
- Familiarity with ISO standards.
- Highly knowledgeable with regulatory standards (UL, CSA, CE, etc.).
- Ability to manage various projects.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.