The Electrical Engineering Manager oversees the engineering staff and is responsible for the preparation of engineering plans. This position provides project management and communications for the electric, gas, and water transmission and distribution projects; and establishes department standards, procedures, and strategic directives.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Oversees the preparation of all engineering project plans, including drawings, specifications, and material invoicing.
- Develops specifications and project planning for all utilities including gas, water, electrical, and communications.
- Manages and oversees department engineering staff; and collaborates with Engineering Supervisor to train and evaluate employees.
- Provides technical support to utility staff.
- Coordinates operation staff on system operations.
- Provides support and direction in trouble shooting and outage support.
- Supports electric system security and switching protocol.
- Supports operational staff regarding customer service issues.
- Performs or effectively recommends the hiring, assignment, direction of work, discipline, reward, and adjustment of other employees’ grievances on behalf of the employer.
- Establishes work procedures, processes and departmental standards, procedures, and strategic directives.
- Provides project engineering, management and communications for the electric, gas, and water transmission and distribution projects.
- Oversees assigned projects and ensures contractor compliance with time and budget parameters.
- Ensures staff is compliant with any required permits, licenses, easements, and codes.
- Assists with the preparation of the electric distribution, substation, water distribution and production, natural gas distribution, and engineering department budgets.
- Contributes to the forecasting of additional funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; and monitors, approves, and recommends any necessary expenditures.
- Recommends modifications and proposes new construction of electric, gas, and water facilities to company’s leadership.
- Supervises and coordinates staff in the preparation of studies, modeling, plans, designs for additions, modifications, and rehabilitation of electric, gas, and water infrastructure.
- Ensures facilities meet expected electricity, gas, and water demands.
- Integral to power supply planning.
- Assist in the preparation and support of disaster recovery and contingency planning.
- Ensures compliance with all gas, water and electric regulatory requirements.
- Sets department material standards; oversees the maintenance of supplies and requisitions materials for construction and maintenance projects.
- Identifies opportunities for improving service delivery methods; and may respond to emergency situations.
- Performs other duties as requested.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Education Four-year Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience Five (5+) years of electrical engineering experience.
- Trainings, Certificates, and Licenses:
- Valid Minnesota Driver’s license.
- Ability to obtain Professional Engineer certification within one (1) year of hire.
- Ability to complete Natural Gas Operator Qualification training.
- Trained in Computer Aided Drafting
- Trained in Geographic Information System
- Trained in Utility System Modeling
- Trained in Project Management
Versique is a high-performance recruiting firm based in Minneapolis, MN specializing in interim solutions, direct hire, and executive leadership search. We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Our experienced functional recruiting teams work within a variety of areas of expertise (HR, Finance & Accounting, Demand Generation, IT, and Engineering) and broad industries (Healthcare, Banking, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Private Equity, and Family-Owned). Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest and fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.