The Electrical Engineering Supervisor will research, design, develop, plan, and select components for electromechanical, electronic control systems, as well as direct and/or coordinate activities involved in the fabrication, operation, application, installation, and repair of commercial and industrial products and systems. This is an experienced level position, and it is expected the Electrical Engineering Supervisor will work under minimal supervision and coordinate, prioritize assist, and direct the work of other engineers and engineering technicians. This person would manage their own projects as well as overseeing the team.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Design electrical control systems, generate and modify electrical schematics and panel layouts, assemble bills of material, develop instructions that describe the installation of control systems, and provide support to other disciplines.
- Design equipment and associated electrical power distribution systems and specify the components of products and systems primarily used for commercial and industrial applications.
- Design products and systems to meet system requirements of quality, cost effectiveness, energy efficiency and other predetermined competitive factors.
- Research and analyze data - such as customer design proposals, specifications, and manuals - to determine feasibility of design or application of products and systems.
- Communicate with sales organization or directly with the customer about the product and system design, performance, and specifications.
- Write proposals and proposal change orders that clearly specify components and overall design of the products and systems.
- Communicate with shop personnel to build products according to specifications. Coordinate manufacturing activities to ensure products and systems conform to engineering design and customer specifications.
- Evaluate equipment during manufacturing and recommend design modifications as necessary.
- Plan and direct personnel in development of methods and procedures for testing products and systems.
- Perform project cost analysis and implement cost reduction strategies.
- Perform related work as apparent or assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities will include:
- Direct 5 to 10 employees in the Engineering Department
- Mentor Electrical Engineers as needed.
- Determine priorities and communicate to team.
- Determine work assignments, performance evaluations, and compensation adjustments.
- Train employees by planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising their performance, addressing issues, and resolving problems
- Reinforces the team approach to operations with people assigned
Required Skills & Experience:
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent. An Associate degree in electrical technology with strong relevant experience will be considered.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in electrical control panel design with field experience throughout the product life cycle.
- Experience with digital design, panel layout, schematic design, ladder logic programming, and system testing and troubleshooting.
- Thorough understanding of electrical power distribution principles and design.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the application and implementation of VFD’s for motor control.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical with Solid Works Electrical experience preferred.
- Extensive working knowledge of UL508A and NFPA 70 (NEC), as well as best practices for control panel design is required.
- High electro-mechanical aptitude and knowledge.
- Ability to work autonomously, collaboratively, and as a member of a cross-functional team.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and strongly motivated with a sense of urgency.
- Flexible and well organized with a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Work closely with and coordinate work with other engineering disciplines
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a wide variety of company personnel and others at all levels.
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing policies, programs, methods, procedures, systems, and equipment.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, vendors, customers in a customer-oriented manner.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.