Embedded Software Engineer 3
Our client delivers technology solutions that change and evolve the way work is done for the better. They accomplish this by being laser focused on solving the unique business challenges.
Our client’s embedded development group is seeking an embedded software engineer for its on-board computer team. Our client is a growing company providing fleet mobility technology for North America’s transportation industry. We focus on innovative products creating the next-generation standard in technology-driven fleet performance and decision-making management. The company provides a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, in addition to the satisfaction of working with an industry leader.
This position requires design experience for real-time/pseudo real-time embedded systems. You will be part of a core design group responsible for adding new features and maintaining the current mobile on-board computer and communications systems. The work includes development of vehicle data collection, remote diagnostics, wireless communications, proprietary communications protocol, USB, internetworking, integration with 3rd-party applications, interfaces with Android displays and data analysis applications.
- Develop software in a LINUX environment using C, C++
- Participate in Agile Scrum product planning and management activities
- Ensure work-product is of high quality through best practices such as requirements, documentation, static analysis, code reviews and testing
- Be an educator and a mentor for junior engineers
- Actively contribute to designs for large and/or complex systems that cross technology teams and platforms
- Perform data analysis to support project needs
- Become the subject matter expert for a product system component
- Support the technical lead for design and implementation of various sub-systems
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Innovates solutions during refinement and leads conversations around them
- Independently creates designs for medium and/or complex projects
- Comfortable working and collaborating in a fast-paced, Agile (Scrum) development environment
- Provides recommendations on priorities that align with business and technical objectives
- Independently understands, validates and refines requirements across multiple technical areas
- BS in CS, CE, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience as an embedded software engineer developing commercial applications on embedded LINUX systems using C or C++
- Design experience for embedded LINUX systems
- Embedded micro-processor experience: ARM 7, 9, Cortex-A8
- Communication protocol experience
- LINUX system administration
- LINUX shell script programming
- LINUX kernel configuration experience
- Experience creating LINUX Board Support Packages - Timesys experience is a plus
- HTML experience
- Exposure to other embedded RTOSs: Nucleus, VxWorks, etc.
- Knowledge of Electrical Engineering and embedded systems
- Demonstrates technical leadership