The Engineering Manager is commissioned to develop and manage the engineering personnel resources and processes across these disciplines: new product development; design and enhancement engineering; engineering production support; develop and oversee quality function with the goals of ISO certification; and sales application engineering. The Engineering Manager accomplishes this in collaboration with the engineering team, sales management, President, and CEO to leverage financial and personnel resources.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide ongoing evaluation of engineering processes to identify areas of continuous improvement to be initiated.
- Collaborate with other departments, when of value, in their continuous improvement initiatives.
- Continuously evaluate our engineering ECR and ECO processes to update and implement continuous improvement as needed to meet the current engineering demands.
- Develop as expertise in the release and management of part numbers and revisions in our ERP system, Global Shop.
- Provide a robust design of air filtration equipment and accessories including mechanical designs reliable operation of products; fabricated sheet metal designs that are both aesthetically appealing and efficient to produce.
- Provide management and hands-on engineering for the redesign of existing products as part of value engineering initiatives.
- Develop a working knowledge of chemical engineering basics to understand destruction and filtration of VOC’s (volatile organic compounds) commonly encountered in manufacturing environments.
- Develop with each engineer a quarterly and/or annual engineering project plan utilizing Microsoft Project or a similar project plan impact on the strategic direction of the company as well as a budget and ROI summary for approval by the CEO. Upon approval implement and manage the quarterly and/or annual plans.
- Conduct ongoing coaching with the engineering team for continuing education and skill building.
- Recruit, interview, hire and on-board new engineering personnel as needed.
- As a member of the management team, promote through action a spirit of collaboration across all AQE departments.
Required Skills & Experience:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- 3 + years of Project Engineering Leadership
- 3 + years managing projects within ISO standards
- Experience with full life cycle Engineering Project Management
- Open to travel
Versique is a high-performance recruiting firm based in Minneapolis, MN specializing in interim solutions, direct hire, and executive leadership search. We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Our experienced functional recruiting teams work within a variety of areas of expertise (HR, Finance & Accounting, Demand Generation, IT, and Engineering) and broad industries (Healthcare, Banking, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Private Equity, and Family-Owned). Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest and fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.