This Principal Enterprise Architect will help set the overall technical direction of one of Versiques best clients!
THIS IS A FULL TIME ROLE, CANDIDATES MUST BE ELIGIBLE FOR FULL TIME HIRE IN THE U.S.
The Principal Enterprise Architect (EA) is responsible for strategic alignment of technology with business vision to enable desired outcomes. He or she identifies and assesses the current state of the technology, systems, and processes and provides recommendations, strategies, roadmaps and owns the plan to move the company toward an optimized target state that improves business capabilities and drives innovation. This individual provides guidance that ensures technology products are designed to support the evolution of business objectives. They provide technical governance for certain overarching technical constructs. He or she fosters collaboration across the business and technology organizations and develops cross-organizational relationships with business and technology partners to influence the enterprise wide architecture.
Relying on broad experience and judgment, the Principal Enterprise Architect is responsible for accomplishing the following responsibilities and has substantial latitude for actions or decisions made.
- Create and implement a technology roadmap and multi-year plan
- Responsible for enterprise architecture including ensuring that the hardware and software architecture plans for the company are consistent with business and IT strategy.
- Continuously evolving the systems strategy and roadmap to maintain alignment with business strategy and objectives as well as the technology landscape.
- Help define IT tactics using architecture plans to address strategy.
- Oversee and promote standards at all levels.
- Guide and direct technology team to continuously improve company technology working with the various leads from application, data, security, infrastructure and quality.
- Find ways in which to improve our IT department's functions so they support our future goals.
- Locate ways to reduce costs in IT.
- Identify ways to increase employee productivity, knowledge and skills to support future growth.
- Provide business architecture and systems processing guidance.
- Engaging with stakeholders to ensure alignment to business and IT roadmaps and solutions.
- Work with the development teams, to ensure overall solution design supports the business architecture.
- Setting the scope and approach for programs and projects to align with business objectives and roadmaps and address core business opportunities and problems.
- Have a solid understanding of how cloud fits into the equation
- Capture the tactical and strategic enterprise goals that provide traceability through the organization and are mapped to metrics that provide ongoing governance.
- Responsible for bringing new technologies forward for potential solutions.
- Experience in defining business services.
- Promote and advocate technology solutions for business problems.
- Responsible for enterprise interfaces, message brokers, or application integrators that are considered enterprise in nature and part of the enterprise architecture.
- Direct development of both short-term and long-term plans for building out the technology roadmap.
- Experience with patterns to modernize monolithic applications to modern business services to evolve over time.
- Have a solid understanding of how cloud fits into the equation.
- Experience with Geo-spatial solutions which is a fundamental aspect of the business vision
- Coordinate resources to ensure strategies are executed.
- Meet commitments on deadlines.
- Communicate team or work unit results and recommendations with management and clients as appropriate.
- Drive improvement in existing business and technical processes and assist in the implementation of new processes.
- Ensure unit performs work thoroughly in a cost-efficient manner and at a high productivity level.
Business Controls and Policies
- Comply with all corporate policies and procedures.
- Report any breakdown in controls to management.
- Conduct all activities in a safe manner.
- Ensure all the above are followed within assigned work unit.
- Has full HR responsibility for direct reports including making hiring decisions, training, coordinating work, establishing standards, reviewing work, conducting performance appraisals, and providing coaching or counseling.
Position Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or a related field or the equivalent education and/or experience
- Minimum of ten years of development, implementation, or maintenance of large-scale systems across multiple hardware and software platforms
- Extensive experience with enterprise architecture best practices and goals
- Minimum of five years of experience in a similar role
- Minimum of six years of leadership experience
- Possess and have ability to apply broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledgeable of industry changes, legal updates, and technical developments related to applicable area of the Company’s business to proactively respond to changing business environment
- Advanced proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office Package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word)
- Excellent leadership and motivational skills
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.