A Healthcare Executive opportunity to lead a storied, renowned single specialty practice through integration, drive operational performance, provide support and direction to Physicians, with the ability to manage both tactically and strategically.
The Executive Director will possess a high level of understanding of how to lead patient care teams in a healthcare delivery environment. He/She is responsible for the operations of a large, multispecialty practice located in the greater Wichita, KS area. The leader will oversee the professional development of all area administrators and managers, develop and implement growth strategies for daily clinic operations best practices and will partner with other division leaders to execute strategic vision. This is a key leadership member and will work in a fast-paced, but flexible engaging environment.
- Manage and oversee operations staff at the clinics, centers and offices
- Remains educated and in-tune with trends in healthcare, reimbursement, operations, etc. on a national and local level.
- Develops and implements practice growth strategies
- Analyzes practice financial data and makes recommendations regarding steps which can be implemented to improve profitability
- Identifies opportunities to continue to propel business towards “world class,” design solutions for such opportunities, implement, and monitor progress
- Carries out corporate initiatives
- Identifies goals and translates them into functional and actionable goals for team
- Thinks strategically; identifies where clinic operations could be in 12 – 24 months, and implements plans in partnership with the VP, Regional Clinic Operations and practice physicians to assist in achieving strategic destination
- Achieves cooperation and teamwork through effective communications and positive relations with physicians, leadership, and staff
- Demonstrates knowledge of mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards and the code of ethical behavior
- Partner with practice physicians to identify doctor needs, areas for specialty expansion and physician recruitment
- Works to continuously assess all staffing needs in support of practice operations and driving for continued upskilling of talent through hiring, identify changes to physician schedules and adjust coverage as needed.
Relevant Skills and Abilities:
- Leadership: Develops and Maintains a successful platform of leadership – strategy/structure/process/people
- Team Building: Recruit, Develop, train and motivate a best-in-class care team
- Results-oriented: Guides, coaches, and drive the team to achieve goals and deliverables
- Collaboration: Works effectively with functional team members, physicians, other practices, etc., and ensures adequate communication and change management through the process
- Vision: Intimately knows the business, industry, care model and can shape future delivery for our patients and success of the overall organization
- Critical Thinking/Analytical: Excellent problem solver and ability to see all sides to come to the best decision
- Change Management: Ability to drive change through an organized process, bringing people along to ensure results are achieved
Minimum Demonstrated Skill
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Healthcare Management, required Master’s degree in Business or Healthcare Administration preferred
- 10+ years of practice management experience required
- Experience in a multi-site organization
- Experience working in a growth-oriented, fast paced environment
- Demonstrated excellent management skills, program implementation, and quality improvement
- Proven success in growing a healthcare operation
- Must have demonstrated experience in partnering with physicians in clinic expansion
- Must be proficient in Excel and Power Point