Executive Director of Human Resources
Join a faith based organization as a strategic HR leader. This person will create, implement and administer policies related to HR activities and employee relations.
The Director of Human Resources will be a strategic partner to the 7 person leadership team. This person will create, implement and administers policies related to HR activities and employee relations. They will also oversees employee development, compensation and the benefit programs.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Oversee all hiring, development and termination of employees
- Manage faculty, coach and supplemental contracts, in alignment with budgets and needs
- Prepare and monitor the annual salary and benefits administration
- Prepare annual budget for salaries and benefits
- Develop policies in accordance with their mission and values
- Anticipate and plan effective professional growth and performance management strategies
- Ensure diversity goals are achieved to maintain a competitive advantage
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal, state, and local requirements, conducting investigations, maintaining records, and representing the organization at hearings as appropriate.
- Advise management on appropriate resolution of employee relations and performance issues
- Oversee benefit administration of health, flexible spending, retirement, disability, and paid time-off programs
- Support Finance department on other employee benefits
- Provide oversight and leadership of the cliet as a member of the collaborative senior leadership team
- Assist to develop and implement policies and procedures
- Provide information to the Board and other entities as appropriate
- Support the President as needed
- BA degree required in related area of study
- Certification in human resources or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5-7 years of exempt-level experience in human resources
- Experience in non-profit environment preferred
- Experience in education a plus
- Experience preparing and managing salary and benefits budgets
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal, relationship-building, communication and management skills
- Excellent judgment, leadership and decision-making abilities
- Strong integrity and reliability a must
- Legal experience a plus
- Computer proficiency with relevant systems experience; familiarity with ADP Workforce Now a plus
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.