Executive Search Professional – Finance and Accounting
Versique is a single-source talent-acquisition firm specializing in recruitment throughout Minnesota. We have won numerous awards, including the Star Tribune’s Top Workplaces in Minnesota.
The person in this role will champion Versique’s core values, while being responsible for promoting Company services and effectively developing and recruiting relevant candidates for presentation on existing search engagements. The person in this role will also be responsible for developing a network of passive and active candidates, in variety of skill sets and experience levels, to ensure the successful execution of future search engagements.
Versique’s Finance & Accounting practice complements the other practice areas of HR, IT, Manufacturing & Industrial Services, Digital Marketing, Consumer Packaged Goods, and Executive Retained Search.
The person in this role is an important part of a team of executive search professionals who drive to provide our clients with an experience worthy of a referral. We are experienced professionals developing careers in an environment that is focused on being collaborative and supportive of our employees. This person must have relevant industry experience and be prepared to develop long-term trust partner relationships with our clients. The person in this role will also have an opportunity to work collaboratively in a multi-practice environment and develop mentoring relationships to learn from the best in the industry.
Roles & Responsiblities
- Identifying strong, diverse Finance & Accounting talent by designing and executing creative sourcing strategies by partnering with senior level executives and hiring managers
- Perform searches for qualified Finance & Accounting candidates based on relevant job criteria using internet resources, networking, and referrals
- Establish and maintain strategic partnerships with hiring managers to be aware current and upcoming hiring needs
- Sourcing both active and passive candidates through networking, internet based sourcing, and referrals from networking contacts
- Building a strong inventory of qualified, diverse candidates to meet future recruiting requirements in a variety of areas within finance and accounting
- Measure and evaluate skills, experiences, and career preferences of candidates to ensure quality matches with career opportunities
- Candidate interview preparation to ensure an effective and informative interview process
- Function as an intermediary between client and candidate during the interview process to effectively respond to issues and concerns
- Conduct professional reference checks when appropriate
- Quality control follow-up after the completion of search engagements to ensure the successful placement of a candidate
- To assist the Manager Director with prospective client proposals when appropriate
- To work collaboratively with the other practice areas within Versique to ensure the continued success of the firm and fulfillment of core values
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, or equivalent
- Advanced degree and/or certifications preferred (MBA, CPA, CFA, CMA)
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in a search firm setting or a finance and accounting role preferred
- Experience with corporate recruiting preferred
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- A self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work independently
- Results and performance driven, and comfortable with working in a high achieving, collaborative environment
- A passionate interest in providing professionals with a compelling career opportunity to advance their careers and companies with the human capital necessary to successfully execute strategic plans