Finance and HR Specialist
Once-in-a-career opportunity to partner with a visionary leader at a 135 year old, family-owned company experiencing phenomenal growth.
Versique has partnered with our client, a 135-year-old, family-owned business to hire a critical role. The Finance and HR Specialist is responsible for: payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, customer financing, and general accounting duties and reporting. Additionally, this position is responsible to serve as a generalist for Human Resources.
The person in this role is a highly capable professional who embraces positive change, maintains confidentiality, has ownership of areas of responsibilities, innovates in an entrepreneurial environment, and has a track record of accountability. Hit a barrier? No problem, you know how to plow through it. A sense of humor and approachable style is required.
Our client is also a dog friendly environment!
- Own and maintain Payroll including entering information, managing changes, partnering with employees for needed information. (Union/non-union, deductions, termination/addition of employees, etc.)
- Own and manage/process Accounts Receivable. Partner with other departments to drive cash collection. Keep the accounts tidy. Manage refunds and customer calls when they have questions
- Responsible for accounts payable including entering invoices, weekly payments, keeping accounts up to date
- Managers customer financing with Wells Fargo and Synchrony Bank
- Owns billing for Home Care Club memberships
- Manages lien waivers, accounting emails and faxes, daily Sync of systems
- Assist with internal and external audits
- Administers benefit plans: Health/Dental/Life Insurance/401K (Employee set-up, termination, questions, etc.)
- First point of contact for employees when they have benefits questions
Skills & Requirements:
- Associates degree in Accounting or 5 years of related accounting and business experience
- QuickBooks system experience, preferred
- Great Excel knowledge
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, withhold judgement, and not gossip/be negative. Lead by example with professionalism and respect to all our employees.
- Extreme attention to detail, understand materiality
- Curious nature to find the systemic root cause of issues and improve the process
- Flexible, adaptable, many interruptions throughout the day
- Excellent oral and written skills – the ability to represent our company in a professional manner
- Ability to process data, teach others, and drive timely actions and decisions