Versique has partnered with a local non-profit seeking a Finance Manager. The ideal candidate will have at least 6 years of accounting experience. They should be mission driven, tech-savvy, highly organized, and possess excellent communication skills. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the full accounting cycle, including year-end reports for the audit team.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly financial statements. Present quarterly financials and a variance report to the board of directors.
- Assist in managing the Finance Team
- Work with AP and AR managers to reconcile and report on balances. Reconcile Bank statements, AR and AP. Prepare journal entries.
- Record the bi-weekly payroll journal entry, make retirement and H.S.A deposits, maintain retirement plan, miscellaneous payroll reporting (1095’s, workers compensation audit) and monthly payroll allocations.
- Maintain the General Ledger. Prepare Journal entries and reconcile accounts, as necessary.
- Assist the National Advancement team in reporting on the financial expenditures of the grants received.
- Maintain banking relationships and oversee the banking portals, payment portal and CC program.
- Year-end preparation.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or other related degree.
- Excellent communication – written, in person, on the phone, and via videoconferencing.
- Attention to detail.
- Technology Savvy – Familiarity with Microsoft Office (MS) , MS Great Plains accounting software, Management Reporter, Property Site Manager, and Excel.
- Professionalism – a punctual and responsive self-starter who works well in a fast-paced environment.
- Awareness and respect – we approach affordable space through the lens of diversity, equity, inclusion, and access.
Versique is a high-performance recruiting firm based in Minneapolis, MN specializing in interim solutions, direct hire, and executive leadership search. We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Our experienced functional recruiting teams work within a variety of areas of expertise (HR, Finance & Accounting, Demand Generation, IT, and Engineering) and broad industries (Healthcare, Banking, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Private Equity, and Family-Owned). Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest and fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.