Versique has partnered with our client, a growing digital marketing Software as a Service (SaaS) company to assist in a search for a strategic Financial Analyst to join their team. Recognized by Inc Magazine as one of the fastest growing companies in America, our Client helps major brands across North America to understand their market and create effective branding and communication strategies to maximize sales.
The Financial Analyst is responsible for the financial planning and analysis work within Versique’s Client. We are looking for an excellent “people person” and future leader in our growing company. In addition to interacting with other accounting/finance team members, in this position, you will work with functional team members outside the finance organization to analyze and support business activities. You will provide timely, relevant and accurate financial reporting, modeling, analysis, and projections to help the company assess strategy, performance, and make decisions. Success will be dependent upon a wide range of skills including excellent communication skills, strong task organization skills, strong ability to work with data, follow through, attention to details and a get-it-done attitude.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- In charge of maintaining and modifying annual budget and forecast models and monthly financial reporting. This includes preparing P&L, balance sheet, cash flow statements and other metrics.
- Daily work in aggregating, summarizing, analyzing, and presenting data in a manner that supports decision making
- Identify, Lead, and Create process and model improvements, not just maintain them. This includes maintaining clear documentation on all models and reports.
- Research, establish, track, trend, and report key financial and operational metrics
- Scenario planning models that provide results on various “what if” scenarios
- Benchmarking Company performance vs industry trends
- Sharing knowledge of modeling and data analytics with team
- Working across functions; coordinating financial and operational information
- For example: Churn analysis – historical churn and current trends impacting churn (working across sales, implementation, product)
- For example: portfolio analysis – what happens to Gross Margin if we launch two new products (working across sales, marketing, product, accounting)
- Understanding various systems data interaction: Human Capital (Epicor), Sales & Marketing (Salesforce.com), Development (Innotas – time/project tracking)
- For example: GL and payroll system interactions, reporting, tracking
- For example: Salesforce.com with QuickBooks
- Investigate and explain operational and financial variances between actual results vs budget
- Proactively identify and communicate trends and risks in financial statements and analyses
- Prepare presentations to Board of Directors and Senior Management Team
- Ad hoc and on-demand analytics to support executive leadership and third parties
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited university
- 3+ years of experience in financial modeling, business analysis, FP&A, business integration, and analytics in a corporate (HQ) environment, with daily use of Microsoft Excel modeling
- Basic accounting knowledge: debits, credits, accruals, as well as prior experience modeling balance sheet, cash flows and income statement
- Advanced to Expert level Microsoft Excel user
- Ability to prioritize competing priorities, manage up
- Strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills: able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers, generate alternatives and drive positive change.
- Attention to detail, with high standards of accuracy and review, but must have ability to see the big picture
- Aptitude to present results and models to executives
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven, and self-motivated
- Successfully lead projects/process improvements within operations/finance functions; able to quickly grasp new idea
- Enthusiastic team player
- Strong change agent with focus on process improvement