Financial Analyst – Marketing Support
Looking to join leading-edge and entrepreneurial company with a forward-thinking approach? This company, with headquarters downtown Minneapolis, has a focus in the natural foods and products industry. Join a growing company with a strong financial backing and a team of highly experienced financial professionals, including a tenured industry CFO with a strong reputation and a deep understanding of best practices. Partner with executive leadership to help advance the goals of this company’s extensive product line.
This position will support financial planning, reporting, analysis, budgeting, and forecasting for our Marketing Organization.
The Financial Analyst will work with our Marketing team to ensure alignment on spending including financial reporting, analysis, budgeting and forecasting; developing and implementing key process improvements as needed. This clarity will ensure marketing spend remains at or below Budget levels while maximizing gross sales through the most effective consumer strategy.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide financial support for the Marketing organization, including reporting, analysis and decision support
- Ensure consumer spending budget adherence
- Prepare, analyze, and review monthly and quarterly sales results.
- Complete variance analysis for Marketing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and month end financial reporting package
- Manage monthly forecast process and develop annual budgets
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-7 years of experience within a Finance/Accounting function
- Collaborative team player with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills; ability to constructively challenge others
- Ability to operate in a highly focused, entrepreneurial environment and expected to challenge and influence business decisions based on fact-based information and meaningful analytics
- Must be a result driven self-starter who thrives on taking ownership over their work and responsibilities, while maintaining an open personality with a pro-active attitude
- Detail oriented, with strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to juggle conflicting priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to initiate improvements in finance systems and process
- Advanced knowledge in Excel / Advanced financial modeling skills