Financial Analyst – Product Innovation
Looking to join leading-edge and entrepreneurial company with a forward-thinking approach? This company, with headquarters downtown Minneapolis, has a focus in the natural foods and products industry. Join a growing company with a strong financial backing and a team of highly experienced financial professionals, including a tenured industry CFO with a strong reputation and a deep understanding of best practices. Partner with executive leadership to help advance the goals of this company’s extensive product line.
This position will support financial planning, reporting, analysis, budgeting, and forecasting for our Product Innovation project teams.
The Financial Analyst will work cross functionally with our Marketing, R&D, Operations and Sales teams to ensure alignment on the financial impact of Product Innovation projects. Examples include Product Innovation PNL generation and refinement throughout project lifecycle, financial analytics to support proposed innovation opportunities, etc; developing and implementing key process improvements as needed.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide financial support for the Product Innovation project teams, including reporting, analysis and decision support
- Generate and maintain PNL throughout Product Innovation pipeline, enabling transparency on financial impact of upcoming projects.
- Complete analytics to identify Financial risks and opportunities as needed
- Communicate Product Innovation project impact to SMT as needed
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-7 years of experience within a Finance/Accounting function
- Collaborative team player with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills; ability to constructively challenge others
- Ability to operate in a highly focused, entrepreneurial environment and expected to challenge and influence business decisions based on fact-based information and meaningful analytics
- Must be a result driven self-starter who thrives on taking ownership over their work and responsibilities, while maintaining an open personality with a pro-active attitude
- Detail oriented, with strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to juggle conflicting priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to initiate improvements in finance systems and process
- Advanced knowledge in Excel / Advanced financial modeling skills