Roles & Responsibilities:
Financial Leadership: Lead the financial function of the manufacturing plant, serving as a trusted advisor to the Plant Manager and senior leadership team, and actively participating in strategic decision-making.
Budgeting and Forecasting: Develop, implement, and monitor the annual budget and forecasting process for the plant, collaborating closely with department heads to ensure alignment with operational goals.
Financial Reporting: Oversee the preparation and analysis of accurate and timely financial statements, management reports, and performance metrics. Provide insightful commentary on financial results and trends, highlighting areas of opportunity or concern.
Cost Analysis: Analyze production costs, material usage, labor efficiencies, and overhead expenses to identify cost-saving opportunities and operational improvements. Collaborate with operations teams to implement cost-effective solutions.
Variance Analysis: Investigate and explain significant variances between actual results and budget/forecast, identifying underlying drivers and recommending corrective actions as necessary.
Internal Controls: Establish and maintain strong internal controls to safeguard company assets and ensure compliance with financial regulations and company policies.
Inventory Management: Monitor inventory levels, turnover rates, and valuation accuracy, collaborating with operations to optimize inventory management practices.
Capital Expenditure: Evaluate proposed capital expenditure projects, perform financial analysis, and present recommendations to support informed investment decisions.
Team Management: Lead and mentor a team of finance professionals, fostering a collaborative and growth-oriented environment.
Process Improvement: Continuously identify opportunities to streamline financial processes, enhance reporting accuracy, and increase efficiency within the finance function.
Audit and Compliance: Coordinate with internal and external auditors to facilitate audits and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
Financial Planning: Assist in the development of long-term financial plans and strategies that align with the overall business objectives of the manufacturing plant.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field; Master's degree or relevant certification (e.g., CPA, CMA) preferred.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of progressive finance and accounting experience, with at least 2 years in a leadership role within a manufacturing environment.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing cost structures, inventory management, and production processes.
- Proficiency in financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting, and variance analysis.
- Excellent knowledge of GAAP and financial reporting standards.
- Experience with ERP systems and advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal abilities, with the capacity to collaborate across departments and present financial information to non-financial stakeholders.
- Proven track record of successfully leading and developing finance teams.
- Detail-oriented with a commitment to accuracy and integrity in financial reporting.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic manufacturing environment.
Versique is a high-performance recruiting firm based in Minneapolis, MN specializing in interim solutions, direct hire, and executive leadership search. We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Our experienced functional recruiting teams work within a variety of areas of expertise (HR, Finance & Accounting, Demand Generation, IT, and Engineering) and broad industries (Healthcare, Banking, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Private Equity, and Family-Owned). Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest and fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.