Financial Reporting Manager
Our Global Fortune 500 Financial Services client is looking for a Manager of Financial Reporting. Join a team that is consistently recognized as a terrific place to work.
You will be responsible for external and internal financial reporting (GAAP and Statutory) and the establishment and maintenance of related internal accounting controls. You will also prepare and provide industry and competitor analysis to internal and external parties, be the main company contact for external auditors, state insurance departments, insurance regulatory examinations, and rating agency information requests, and supervise employees employed within the financial reporting function.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- GAAP quarterly and annual financial reporting to corporate headquarters in conjunction with public company SEC reporting.
- Statutory quarterly and annual financial reporting
- Annual state data calls from insurance regulators. Includes review of such filings as well as preparation of the Uniform Financial Reporting (UFR’s) summary, which is used in preparation of state data calls.
- Other recurring and ad hoc reporting to corporate and external regulators/analysts, including but not limited to board reports, rating agency analyses, and various regulatory filings.
- Responsible for establishment and maintenance of internal accounting controls, including coordinating the annual update of COSO background narratives and Risk Assessment/Control Activities exhibits.
- Responsible for managing external auditor liaison function, including:
- Coordinate process of providing information to and submission of requested items in connection with external auditor 10-K and 10-Q reviews, statutory financial statement audits, separate GAAP and escrow audits and SOX (Section 404) testing for corporate.
- Supervise preparation and review of industry and competitor analyses, as well as requests from rating agencies.
- Responsible for performing research to determine correct accounting treatment based on GAAP and statutory accounting principles.
Required Skills & Experiences
- A four-year degree in Accounting with a minimum of eight years of broad and progressive accounting experience required.
- Experience in dealing with external auditors, or as an external auditor, is highly preferred.
- Supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- Public accounting as well as CPA designation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple simultaneous projects and meet pre-established deadlines.