Our client is a 50 year old design/manufacturer with two main locations, Mendota Heights and Mankato, MN.
Reports to: Software Engineering Supervisor
Roles and Responsibilities:
Successful candidate will have the opportunity to aid in the creation of new products and the support of existing ones by providing expertise in the following areas:
- Developing new and updating existing embedded firmware using C on 32-bit microprocessors both with and without an operating system.
- Using common tools for debugging, logic analysis, and electrical measurements.
- Working with Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, and Job engineering to develop test and support tools.
- Creating firmware for IoT devices on Wi-Fi and Cellular networks.
- Working with Hardware and System Engineers to select and develop critical design components.
- Writing unit and system tests to ensure the quality of the firmware system.
- Refactoring legacy systems for testing and portability.
- Frequent use of source control and code reviews for the engineer and their peers.
- Writing software for support applications
Required Skills and Education:
- B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- 2 – 5 years developing commercial firmware applications
- 2 – 5 years of experience in C/C++
- Proficient experience with at least one modern scripting language and another compiled language other than C/C++
- The ability to read PCB schematics and understand the basics of hardware design
- Experience working with PIC and STM microprocessors
- Experience working with Multi-threaded systems
- Familiarity working with I2C, SPI, CAN, UART and other peripheral interface protocols.
- Understanding of Git repositories and how to use them
- Understanding of compilers and optimization in an embedded environment
- Excellent communication skills, logical reasoning capabilities, and a curious attitude
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.