Looking to join an entrepreneurial and growing company with a forward-thinking approach? This company has a focus in the natural foods and products industry and is hiring a Fractional CFO. The ideal candidate will mentor a strong accounting team in establishing dashboard reports and KPIs and identify key business opportunities.
The Fractional CFO will assume a strategic role in the financial management of the Company. They will have primary day-to-day responsibility for reporting, planning, implementing, managing and controlling financial-related activities, including the establishment of KPIs and dashboard metrics. Responsible for training and mentoring the finance/accounting teams in financial reporting and analysis, cash flow analysis and financial evaluation for key business opportunities.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Prepare, analyze, and review weekly, monthly and quarterly results and variance analysis relating to the overall performance of company strategies and the contribution to the company’s profitability
- Identify metrics to drive operational excellence and drive strategic priorities
- Enhance scenario planning analysis and benchmarking capabilities
- Partners closely with cross-business/functional senior managers to play an active role in enhancing connectivity and communication; also together building KPIs and providing relevant dashboard reports
- Serve as a member of the management team in guiding the strategic direction of the firm providing advice on the financial implications of business activities
- Work alongside senior management to drive profitable growth through analysis, influencing action on risk assessment, pricing, business ventures, customer profitability and cost control
- Report financial performance including cash flow, profit/loss and balance sheet items. Analyze financial statements to identify areas of strength and weakness.
- Manage and direct the process of financial reporting and budgeting
- Provide leadership in the development and the continuous evaluation of the strategic financial objectives, also including development of other team members
- Interact with other senior managers to provide consultative support to planning initiatives through financial and management information analyses, reports and recommendations
- Train and develop a finance team that supports the vision, mission and strategic plan of the company. Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the organization.
- Provide support in developing, implementing, and maintaining a costing and pricing models
- Live and be an example of Company core values: integrity, goodwill and results
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting
- CMA, CPA or MBA, strongly preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of accounting and finance experience in a manufacturing environment
- CPG and/or food industry experience, strongly preferred
- Able to think critically, problem-solve and address complex issues
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication
- Excellent leadership and relationship skills
- Attentive to detail; accurate and thorough
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.