Seeking candidates for General Manager (COO) role at Twin Cities-based best-in-class digital lead generation platform that enables entrepreneurs and marketers to easily publish web pages, generate leads, and transform clicks into customers.
The General Manager role will be responsible for the overall success of client’s organization. Success in this leadership position requires the desire and ability to develop and maintain a team of highly skilled, creative and innovative team members who will use state-of-the-art processes to sustain a stream of industry-leading technologies and products. The ideal candidate for this role will have a proven track record of success, including visionary and innovative experience in long term strategic planning that balances with the ability to deliver current initiatives and short-term priorities.
The General Manager reports directly to Chief Executive Officer of the parent company. Additionally, this role will be responsible for the management of 5 direct reports in the areas of including Customer Success, Marketing, Products, and Engineering. The company has approximately 40 employees.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities and Keys to Success
- Lead and Manage the organization with collaboration and vision to deliver top and bottom-line growth.
- A visionary leader with strong communication and collaboration skills, someone that listens and brings together the ideas of the team to drive strategic direction
- Ability to lead a flexible workforce one that works in a remote environment
- A facilitator and problem solver across the organization, someone that is consistent and reliable that delivers what is promised
- Familiarity of flat management organization
- Customer centric leader, that taps into the strengths of the leadership team
- Communicates and ensures clear understanding of product and technology roadmaps, building commitment and ownership towards achieving objectives and strategies. Drives accountability in achieving milestones and ensures celebration of successes.
- Provide technical and strategic direction to the research, innovation, and engineering team for the implementation of ideas and concepts generated, as well as interface with internal and external users, development of personnel and other technical staff.
- Achieves and supports organization's competitive position and profitability by formulating research and development programs impacting product success. This is achieved by delivering products to the marketplace that are truly differentiated on a timely basis with the highest quality.
- Identifies, defines, and solves the most complex and strategic problems that have short-term and long-term impact on future products and technologies.
- Continuously identifies process improvements and opportunities within internal processes through communications, programs and other activities as needed.
- Stimulates continuing development of new ideas for product enhancements.
- Oversees budgetary and performance metrics.
- High integrity leadership style aligned with the ability to create an open, transparent culture of trust and respect
- Keen ability to understand business issues and data in order to solve problems and make good decisions
- Outstanding leadership ability to drive, motivate and empower teams for success
- Ability and commitment to obtain thorough knowledge of industry, products, strategies, competition, and customers
- Ability to anticipate strategic problems and guide teams to resolution
- Outstanding collaboration skills and ability to work within flat organization
- Ability to drive results and make effective, timely decisions that do not risk product quality and organizational reputation
- Ability to build credibility and rapport with leadership team quickly
- Ability to manage geographically distant workforce
This person will need to be a strong leader who have a proven track record in driving results and showing new and improved methods in leading the company.
- 10 plus years consumer facing SaaS based technology and product leadership experience
- Must be innovative with a proven track record of creative products/designs, history of significant technology contributions to an organization
- Strong People leadership experience
- Strong track record of top-line and bottom-line growth in a technology based company
- Ability to stabilize the organization due to significant changes in the company over the past 6-12 months.
Education and Certifications
- The ideal candidate will possess a relevant undergraduate degree, with a strong preference for an advanced master’s degree or related combination of education and experience