Come build a team and create great client experiences!
Job DescriptionGM is tasked with providing strong leadership for the company by working with the company's Culture and Commerce Group President and the Leadership Team to establish short and long-term goals, plans, strategies and to ensure each department meets their individual goals. He/She is responsible for presiding over the entire workforce, making sure resources are allocated properly as well as understand the strategies in adding roles to create efficiencies in the growing operation to help drive profitability. The GM is ultimately responsible for creating and fostering a great place to work, for doing great client work, growing a healthy business, engaging in the community and acting as the public face of the company. In addition, the leader in this role must have an entrepreneurial mindset and adapt quickly to changes in the marketplace. Successful candidate will be a strong people leader through empowerment, influence, empathy, authenticity, and communication.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Champion brand strategy and vision
- Cultivate company's unique value offering within the Culture and Commerce group
- Foster an engaging working environment for team members to be excited to perform their duties every day
- Have a deep understanding of client needs and what it takes to drive growth for their business
- Lead and develop new marketing programs; collaborate with sales and other business unit leaders to drive growth
- Set business unit's goals and objectives - and develop relevant key performance metrics for all roles (individual and team) to meet/exceed targets
- Drive revenue and manage expenses with full P&L responsibility
- Improve customer retention by creating an exceptional customer experience
- Consistently model company's values through words and actions
- Connect with employees and customers regularly to stay abreast on emerging issues, needs, trends, etc.
Required Skills and Responsibilities:
- Agency leadership experience, preferably head of or second in command
- Experience managing P&L
- Creative agency experience in the advertising, social media, content, or experiential space
- Active outdoor or lifestyle business experience and personal passion in this market preferred
- Background in client management and/or client strategy
- Business development and new business experience
- Experience being apart of a holding company preferred
- Philosophy and believe in strengthening and fostering a people-first business and culture
- Minneapolis/St. Paul based or willing to relocate
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.