The General Manager is accountable for and oversees the business operations, team, culture and budgets within the organization, maximizing its value by working with leadership to build company long term vision and strategy. Working closely with the Executive Team, the General Manager promotes revenue, profitability, and sustainable growth by developing a strategic plan to advance the Company’s mission and objectives while upholding its values.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Further develop the Company vision, growth strategy and financial plans in conjunction with the Executive Team
- Develop and maintain key relationships internally and externally
- Identify, develop and coach the organization to deliver long term results
- Identify strategic acquisitions, plans and talent – to grow the organization
- Protect the legacy of Company by maintaining its culture and creating a “best place to work”
Required Skills & Experience:
- 15+ years experience in retail, consumer package goods, operations or distribution
- 10 years of successfully developing and managing KPI’s, managing a P&L and forecasting
- Proven record of managing client expectations directly and through a team
- Track record of hiring, motivating and developing high performance individuals and teams and holding them accountable
- Business maturity
- Ability to set clear expectations and influence others
- Must have a strong background and understanding of ERP systems
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.