Our entrepreneurial, high growth, global, PE owned, SAAS client has retained us to identify their Global Controller. In this role you will have an opportunity to build your resume while being exposed to oporutnities to prepare you to become a CFO.
The Global Controller is responsible for the company's financial controls and policies, its accounting practices, the maintenance of its fiscal records, and the preparation of financial reports. This position will oversee the timely monthly close of the General Ledger, consolidation and reporting of financial results, coordination of audits, the establishment and maintenance of accounting policies, including revenue recognition and the development of efficient and effective processes that also support compliance to internal controls. Additionally, this position includes responsibility for all daily activities and development of a team of employees globally.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Maintain the company's overall system of accounts, books and records on all company transactions and assets.
- Establishes and ensures compliance with a Global monthly close calendar, standard journal entries and standard reconciliations.
- Establish accounting policies in accordance with US GAAP and accounting practices and procedures are maintained to support compliance with US GAAP accounting policies.
- Establish policies and processes for software revenue recognition, including review of contracts and use of subsystems to ensure revenue is recording are effective to ensure compliance.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local corporate, payroll, and other applicable taxes and regulations.
- Ensures accurate & timely financials are in compliance with US GAAP standards with adherence to tight closing calendar.
- Ensures financial accounts are properly supported and reconciled.
- Responsible for establishing and ensuring compliance to internal controls.`
- Manages and improves weekly reporting.
- Reviews and ensures accurate and timely computation and payment of payroll, commissions, MBO and all other expenses.
- Full coordination of audit and the gathering of required audit information, preparation of financial statements & footnotes, and preparation of tax accounts.
- Directs the daily activities and the career development of team members, including hiring, coaching, reviewing work, establishing goals and performance management of Global team members as required.
- Strong communication with executive leadership and senior leaders throughout the organization.
- Leading implementation of new revenue recognition rules and establishment of adequate processes.
- Leading integration from acquisitions as well as valuation of intangibles and purchase accounting.
Required Skills & Experiences:
- BS or BA in Accounting / MBA a plus
- Experienced Controller proven in managing a global team and entity structure
- Strong technical and PC skills (particularly Microsoft Excel and Access).
- Strong and broad experience in accounting and ability to apply strong US GAAP knowledge to business scenarios.
- Exposure to and strong understanding of software/technology revenue recognition required.
- Passion for instituting effective and efficient processes and controls.
- Communication skills for credibility at all levels of the organization..
- Ability to drive change effectively across functional areas and amass the necessary resources to meet all deadlines and initiatives.
- Experience establishing and standardizing best practices and effectively relaying procedures to department.
- Skilled in managing the entire quote to cash lifecycle with particular focus on renewals and collections.
- CPA experience (may be inactive) preferred
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.