Join a fast growing manufacturing company that is looking for an HR Leader to propel the team to the next level. You will have the opportunity to be hands on, yet part of the leadership team in making strategic decisions.
The Human Resource Director will provide leadership and support all functions of Human Resources, including employee engagement, compliance and safety, policy development, talent acquisition and retention, development and training, employee relations, and compensation and benefit management.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Partners with the leadership teams to understand and execute the organization’s human resource and talent strategies to recruit, maintain high employment engagement, productivity and maximize retention.
- Improves performance appraisal process.
- Provides support and guidance to management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise.
- Manages two HR Professionals
- Manages the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, training, and collaboration.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; including competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education.
- Manages company benefits, HR vendor relations, open enrollment and setup.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices. Reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong business acumen, business partnering skills and orientation towards results.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- Five years of human resource management experience required.
- Manufacturing company experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to build rapport with candidates, employees, and leaders at all levels.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Commitment to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.