This HR Director will work as a part of a very collaborative leadership team. As the leader of a 4 person HR team, you will lead all areas of HR with a strategic vision. Recruiting, Employee Relations, Performance Management, Training and Compensation/Benefits.
This position is responsible for the development and execution of Human Resources strategies that support business objectives throughout the organization. Leads a Human Resources team focused on driving improvements to organizational effectiveness, employee engagement, performance management, talent acquisition and retention, development and training, employee relations, compensation and benefit management. Provides alignment of our people, processes and practices to enable optimal execution of the company’s strategic objectives.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead all HR initiatives with the goal of fostering an innovative work environment. Review and makes recommendations to improve policies, procedures, and practices on personnel matters.
- Lead the implementation and ongoing optimization of the performance management and review cycle, and compensation structure.
- Manage the talent acquisition process to recruit and maintain high employment engagement, productivity and maximize retention.
- Strategize, negotiate and administer benefit programs. Work with benefit broker, providers, and executive leadership to establish best fits for employee coverage and the organization. Manage the benefit enrollment process for new and existing employees.
- Coach management and other staff, and provide guidance when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise.
- Collaborate with management in the identification, selection and delivery of leadership training programs as necessary, provided internally or appropriately outsourced.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of Federal and State labor and employment laws, recommend best practices. Review and update policies and practices to ensure compliance. Maintain and administer EEOC and AAP compliance.
- Champion process improvements and identify opportunities for automation of systems and programs.
- Oversees employee communication and employee recognition programs.
- Hire, lead, coach and develop HR staff with focus on increasing the performance of the entire team.
- BA/BS degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 15+ years of related Human Resources experience in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- 10+ years of supervisory experience.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP is highly preferred.
- Experience working with small to mid-sized GMP regulated companies a strong plus.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.