Our client in the manufacturing and retail industry is looking for an HR Generalist to help run the daily HR function for a 2+ month engagement. Our client partners with their employees to give back to the communities they work and live in. Our client focuses on local non-profit organizations with fundraising activities, volunteering in groups and on an individual basis making sure that employees have time to give back to causes they support. There other focus, as a leading manufacturer, is to grow their sustainability efforts to keep the communities they serve clean and thriving as well as inspiring others in the industry to adopt sustainable manufacturing practices. If you are an HR Generalist who is looking for a project with an organization committed to service, this may be a great role for you!
Our client in the manufacturing and retail industry is looking for an HR Generalist to help run the daily HR function for a 2+ month engagement. The focus for this HR Generalist will be managing FMLA, workers compensation and employee relations issues. The ideal candidate will be an adaptable self-starter who gets excited to partner with employees, managers and leadership to align business goals with people strategy. This HR Generalist should have a genuine passion for Human Resources and supporting a large organization through HR best practices.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing day to day support regarding human resources and aligning business objectives with employees, managers and leadership
- Confer with hiring leaders and Human Resource business partners to identify talent needs, to build and execute appropriate recruitment strategies
- Establish strong working relationships with Human Resources team and other internal stakeholders
- On board new hires and ensure all information is entered correctly in the HRIS
- Serve as link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering policies, and providing guidance
- Assists in maintaining Human Resources Information System
- Provide strong change management and communication support to business, using organization development skills and frameworks
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality in daily tasks
- Ensure that all necessary filings required by regulatory agencies are completed on a timely basis
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field
- 3+ years of experience in an HR Generalist function
- HR systems experience, UltiPro and or Kronos preferred
- Broad knowledge of benefits, payroll, recruiting, employee relations, etc.
- A service-oriented individual with a high energy, positive and friendly demeanor
- Ability to respond to continually changing priorities and coordinate multiple projects
- Strong computer skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to balance working independently with being a collaborative team member
Versique Job Code: #38156