Our manufacturing client is looking for a HR Generalist to join their team for a 5+ month contract engagement. The ideal candidate will have experience managing the day-to-day HR needs of a busy, manufacturing organization. Our client is committed to creating a dynamic work environment for all employees. The outcome of their commitment to employees and their overall innovation in the industry means unparalleled service for their customers. If you are a HR Generalist looking for your next project, this may be the role for you!
Our manufacturing client is looking for a HR Generalist to join their team for a 5+ month contract engagement. This HR Generalist will be responsible for running the day-to-day HR functions like compliance, benefits and on-boarding new hires. For recruitment, they will partner with the recruitment team and managers as needed. This HR Generalist will be helping facilitate their open enrollment period and should be familiar with employee benefits and conducting open enrollment. This position requires the candidate to be onsite with our client in southeast Minnesota.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing day to day support regarding human resources and aligning business objectives with employees, managers, and leadership
- Providing orientation and on-boarding support to new hires and hiring managers which includes the data entry and maintenance efforts in various systems and electronic/physical filing system
- Interacts effectively and professionally in all employee relations, always projecting a professional image and maintaining the highest degree of confidentiality
- Assists in benefits administration, including annual open enrollment, provide assistance to employees with questions or concerns, claims resolution, change reporting, Cobra, LOA , etc.
- Provide compensation and performance management support to managers
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field
- 5+ years of experience with hands-on Human Resources experience
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices
- Self-starter and able to independently make decisions, perform tasks, and solve problems
- Coaching approach to working with employees and managers at all levels of an organization Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills and able to professionally interact with all levels of internal and external customers
- Ability to respond to continually changing priorities and coordinate multiple projects
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills
- Advanced competencies with Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to balance working independently with being a collaborative team member
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.
Versique Job Code: 38767