Are you an HR Generalist able to work as a team of one? Then we have the perfect opportunity for you! Take a look at the description and apply today for a great role!
Our client is looking for a HR Generalist to step in and help administer the day-to-day HR function for a 3+ month assignment. The ideal candidate will be able to assist with a variety of HR functions as well as daily operations of our client’s organization. This HR Generalist will also be responsible for some recruiting efforts such as posting jobs, reviewing resumes, and performing phone screens.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Perform recruiting processes including job posting, advertising, screening, applicant tracking, background checks, reference checks, and assist with the preparation of employment offers
- Responsible for providing day to day support regarding human resources and aligning business objectives with employees, managers, and leadership
- Provide orientation and on-boarding support to new hires and hiring managers which includes the data entry and maintenance efforts in various systems and electronic/physical filing system
- Interact effectively and professionally in all employee relations, always projecting a professional image and maintaining the highest degree of confidentiality
- Assist in benefits administration, including annual open enrollment, aiding employees with questions or concerns, claims resolution, change reporting, Cobra, LOA, etc.
- Provide compensation and performance management support to managers
- Maintain human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment and benefits laws and regulations
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, Psychology, or a related field
- 5+ years’ experience in several of the following areas – recruiting using social media, new employee orientation, employee relations & communications, benefits, and policy administration, HRIS reporting and optimization, and HR process improvement
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite, able to create and modify moderately complex Microsoft Word and Excel documents
- Must be detail-oriented, and enjoy organizing, prioritizing, tracking, and following through on tasks to be completed; keeping others informed of progress relative to expectations
- Must enjoy building relationships, collaboration, and teamwork
- Must be a self-starter, identifying opportunities for process improvement
- Minimum 2 years free from chemical use problems, if applicable
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.
Job Code: 39628