Voted a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work”, Versique is one of the largest talent staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest, specializing in both consulting and permanent placement.
This is an exciting internal opportunity within Versique! The HR Generalist is a key member of our Corporate Services team. Scope includes onboarding & offboarding of contract consultants, consultant care, benefits, company events and more.
Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest talent staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest, and specializes in Direct Hire, Executive Search and Contract Consulting. The firm’s team has more than 170 employees & contract consultants. We have filled more than 1,000+ positions nationwide. The firm has a variety of specialists focusing in many areas including IT, HR, marketing, engineering/operations, finance/accounting, sales, CPG (consumer packaged goods), manufacturing, healthcare, commercial banking and executive retained search.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manages the end-to-end process for onboarding contract consultants.
- Act as “consultant concierge” for our contract consultant staff to ensure an experience worthy of referral.
- Actively participate in company committees & support events to help drive a fun & engaging company culture.
- Support the Corporate Services team in a variety of critical functions.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Support HR Manager with internal HR projects as needed.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field.
- 2+ years’ experience within a corporate HR function, preferably in a services industry.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize urgent tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
- This role has endless opportunities to learn, refine skills, work alongside exciting people and truly make a difference in our employees’ lives.
- Flexibility – We get it, life is busy, so we offer flexible work hours, summer hours and unlimited PTO!
- Giving back – another one of our values – we support multiple causes and you have the opportunity to join the Volunteer committee and make an impact day one!
- Fun! – another committee opportunity! Whether it’s a chili cook-off, lawn bowling or simply a company happy hour, we enjoy each other and provide plenty of events to get to know your team!
- Full suite of benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Match, company-paid Life Insurance, Long/Short-term disability and subsidies for Lifetime Fitness members.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.