HR Generalist – Garner, Iowa
This role is located in Garner, Iowa! Seeking a senior HR Generalist to run all HR activities in a manufacturing facility. This person will be a team of one at the plant location, but will have support of a larger HR Team at headquarters.
The Human Resources Generalist provides key contributions to this corporation’s success by delivering high-impact, front-line Human Resources partnership to employees and managers within the Operations organization. Working in collaboration with their HR colleagues and internal stakeholders, the Human Resources Generalist will leverage expertise spanning a range of Human Resources disciplines to drive HR best practices within their client groups in diverse talent management functions including talent acquisition, onboarding, training & development, employee engagement, performance management, policy design and administration, and employee relations. In addition to administering established programs, the HR Generalist will work with HR colleagues and their stakeholders to concept, design, and implement HR practice enhancements and new initiatives to drive a culture of ongoing excellence and continuous improvement. Reporting to the Human Resources Business Partner, the HR Generalist will primarily support the teams based in Garner and Shell Rock, Iowa manufacturing plants, as well as provide support to Operations employees across other North America facilities. Success in this position requires the ability to act as an employee champion and change agent to deliver value-added services to management and employees that reflect the collective objectives of the organization.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provides day-to-day HR partnership to employees and front-line managers in the North America Operations organization, with a primary focus on the Garner and Shell Rock, Iowa manufacturing facilities, as well as occasional work supporting the Operations teams in other locations
- Owns the employee experience in the Garner and Shell Rock plant locations, ensuring policies and initiatives meet the needs of the organization while promoting high employee engagement and retention. Leverages client group relationships, engagement surveys, and other avenues to capture insights on improvement opportunities and drive their execution.
- Works as primary recruiter to source and hire high caliber candidates for roles based in the Operations facilities in Iowa and Minnesota
- Maintains relationships with community organizations, professional networks, recruiting firms, and other talent sources to maintain an ongoing talent pipeline
- Manages the new employee onboarding process to deliver smooth, effective experiences that provide new hires with the information, tools, and training needed to ensure their success
- Leads administration and delivery of Human Resources programs, policies, and procedures, as well as support the implementation of client group, Human Resources, and corporate new initiatives
- Partners with managers to ensure effective performance management practices, providing day-to-day guidance and coaching, as well as supporting annual performance review processes and performance improvement action
- Promotes positive, effective workforce relationships. Manages and resolves employee relations by conducting effective, thorough and objective investigations to resolve disputes.
- Collaborates with specialist compensation, benefits, payroll, and related functions to administer industry-leading total rewards package
- Leads progressive and proactive training and development programs to ensure employees develop the skills and capabilities required for present and future needs
- Manages accurate, compliant personnel records and workforce data to support administrative Human Resources processes and deliver actionable data-driven insights
- Works with internal stakeholders to enact workforce and succession plans that align with the strategic objectives while promoting employee development and career growth opportunities
- Models and promotes companies core values behavior among others in the organization; translate and amplify the messages aligned with company culture
- Maintains knowledge of industry policies, programs, legislation, and related knowledge, and leverage this expertise for high impact in the organization
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 7 years experience in Human Resources
- Minimum 5 years experience supporting a manufacturing client group in a Human Resources Generalist or Business Partner role, preferably based in the same location facility as their manufacturing client group
- Master’s degree in Human Resources Management, Industrial Relations, Business Administration, or a related field
- High proficiency utilizing a Human Resource Information System (HRIS) and an Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP)
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.