Looking for an HR Manager to join a manufacturing company in the north west suburbs. This manager will have the opportunity to manage four while providing support to all departments of the company. This role will have oversight in the areas of recruitment, selection, onboarding, retention, employee relations, HR policies, programs & procedures.
Reporting to the VP of Operations, the Human Resources Manager provides all departments within the Minnesota location oversight in the areas of recruitment, selection, onboarding, retention, employee relations, performance & separations for our Minnesota manufacturing location while adhering to corporate HR policies, programs & procedures.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage the HR function with an excellence in customer service mindset
- Manage & monitor the staffing & recruitment process utilizing all available resources to fill vacancies with a high sense of urgency
- Manages the Health and Safety Specialist to ensure safety and environmental programs comply with federal, state and local agencies.
- Prepare, distribute & monitor monthly performance review activities
- Reviews, approves & ensures accuracy of the employee maintenance entries/activities in HR & timekeeping system
- Perform exit interviews for voluntary separations
- Employee relations to include employee services, counseling, coaching & conflict resolution
- Gather, prepare & maintain a variety of requested KPI’s, metrics and reports
- Will have a dotted line reporting relationship to the Corporate HR Director who will provide leadership, guidance & consultation on corporate HR processes & procedures to include, but not limited to, personnel matters, legal/compliance, staffing, performance, training & separations
- Will manage & oversee the daily workflow of the HR, Safety, and front desk personnel.
Required Skills and Education/Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 3 years’ experience or combination of education and experience in HR manager level role within a manufacturing environment
- PHR/SHRM-CP preferred
- Familiar with current federal & state labor laws
- Ability to comprehend policies as they apply internally as well as relative to labor laws
- Professional, team player with a positive attitude & proactive mindset
- Strong understanding & compliance with handling confidential information
- Strong interpersonal & customer service skills
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail and understanding of audience when preparing communications
- Solid work ethic & excellent follow-through & follow-up
- Proficient in Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) – ADP Workforce Now experience preferred
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.