Join a growing company as an HR Manager. Manager will be a strategic partner to the business and involved in all aspects of HR.
The Human Resources Manager will play a critical role in maintaining and enhancing Human Resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs and practices. The Human Resources Manager will demonstrate thought leadership and will continuously identify and implement opportunities and enhancements throughout their functional scope.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage the onboarding process, including new hire paperwork completion, background checks, benefits enrollment, safety orientation, etc.
- Responsible for the administration and coordination of benefits including 401(k), medical, dental, FSA, HSA, Life, LTD, STD, voluntary benefits, wellness programs, among others. Own benefit renewals and the annual open enrollment process.
- Responsible for maintaining carrier connections between the HRIS and benefit providers.
- Maintain, communicate and update human resource documents, such as personnel records, employee handbooks and company policies.
- Serve as a resource and coach to managers and employees to address performance improvement opportunities. Address employee relations issues and conduct investigations when needed.
- Advise on benefits and compensation, policies, and other human resources matters.
- Handle all matters relating to FMLA, company paid leave, safety, workers compensation, unemployment administration, etc.
- Responsible for completion of various annual reports and surveys (EEO-1, OSHA 300A Form, Wage Surveys, etc.).
- Process monthly billings from insurance providers. Review bills for accuracy, coding and coordination of payment.
- Responsible for communicating with governmental agencies and legal entities (unemployment, EEOC, etc.) to resolve employment issues.
- Assess the impact and effectiveness of compensation plans. Ensure companywide market competitiveness for hourly and salaried employees.
- Facilitate job description creation and maintenance for all roles within the company.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of Human Resources management experience, preferably in a distribution or manufacturing environment.
- Progressive experience in employee relations, policy and procedure administration, benefits administration, as well as supervisory experience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organization skills.
- Outstanding communication skills are required, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated project management and continuous improvement capabilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.