Seeking an HR Manager to join the leadership team of a professional services company. This person will oversee a team of 2 HR team members while working closely with the executives on strategic initiatives. This is a hands on role that will be involved in all areas of HR.
The Human Resources Manager is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource function. Reporting to the President of the firm, this individual has responsibility for all HR duties and will work closely with senior leadership.
Partnering with senior leaders, managers and employees at all levels, the HR Manager is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level, including oversight of employee relations, performance management, recruiting and employment law compliance.
The HR Manager is a key contact for employees and is responsible for creating and sustaining a productive workforce and positive work environment, while consistently demonstrating honesty, integrity and respect for others.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Serves as the firm’s HR subject matter expert
- Continuously improve HR processes across the organization
- Advise and coach managers and supervisors, and serve as a point of contact for employees on HR matters
- Partner with firm’s compensation and benefits programs
- Maintain the confidentiality and privacy of personnel information
- Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory issues for all employees in all locations by developing policies and procedures in support of the firm that comply with federal and state laws, regulations and guidelines
- Provide talent management support to the firm leaders through organizational design, job development, workforce planning and other data analysis
- Provide full-cycle talent acquisition support; including, proactive recruiting, applicant sourcing, job postings, interviews, and employment offers.
- Implement tactics to select and maintain a diverse workforce.
- Lead employee engagement efforts through new-employee orientation, onboarding, annual staff performance and salary reviews, exit interviews, and employee communications
- Effectively communicate HR policies and practices to all employees
- Participate in business strategy process by ensuring HR strategies are included in plans
- Maintain knowledge of employment laws and current HR practices through professional development; industry networking, conferences, webinars, seminars, etc. This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department. In addition, manages the outsourced vendor relationship with PEO.
Education and/or Experience:
- A bachelor's degree and 8-10 years of human resources Business Partner experience including some experience at the management level
- Three -Five years’ experience in a legal and/or professional services environment
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP)
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.