This HR Manager is a business partner to operational leadership and is responsible for leading, implementing and executing the organization’s HR strategy, key projects and initiatives within the facility/group. Reporting to the Regional Director of HR or the Regional HR Manager, the HR Manager leads the facility/group HR team and is responsible for effective execution of human resources functions, such as Talent Development, Talent Selection, Workforce Planning, Engagement, Recognition, Performance Management, Organizational Development, Training, Associate Relations, Compensation, Benefits, Wellness, Risk Safety, Labor Relations, Sustainability and Philanthropy.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Leads the HR function for a facility, provides functional HR expertise, plans and executes on key projects.
• Executes HR programs within the facility. Ensures alignment with HR processes and programs.
• Builds effective working relationships with leaders. Balances facility/group needs with HR guidelines when making decisions. Provides transparency into work.
• Leverages a deep understanding of business needs and participates in solving business problems within the facility through the talent lens.
• Provides coaching to leaders and individual contributors at SVP level and below, with the goal of making others successful.
• Identifies metrics tracked throughout the organization. Derives insights from metrics, reports insights to business leaders, and uses those insights to solve business problems and improve processes.
• Responsible for implementing the workforce and talent agenda, creating a compelling experience that attracts the right people in a competitive market and drives enterprise productivity, in partnership with Talent Acquisition.
• Forecasts current and future talent needs for the facility/group. Maintains and updates a succession plan for front line leadership and proactively identifies next generation leaders. Executes annual talent review process for the facility/group.
• Advises leaders on effective onboarding strategies and plans to ensure successful assimilation of new hires.
• Delivers training programs.
• Assesses and monitors associate engagement on a proactive, ongoing basis. Implements associate engagement surveys and action plans. Identifies trends and works to systematically address disengagement issues.
• Provides leaders and associates with coaching and resources to help them resolve and prevent interpersonal and team conflicts and adapt to different associate and leadership styles.
• Drives change management among leaders to ensure strategic changes that impact associates are rolled out in an engaging, well communicated and reinforced way.
• Completes reports and information requests accurately and timely.
• Responsible for executing core annual programs, such as performance objectives and goal setting, performance evaluations, compensation planning, talent assessment, succession planning, wellness, annual enrollment, etc.
• Responsible for executing local programs for areas such as talent development, engagement, recognition, training, wellness, and labor relations.
• Responsible for HR compliance activities within facility/group, requires thorough knowledge of HR policies and procedures as well as federal and state/province laws.
• Responsible for ensuring that human resources functions, including recordkeeping, talent development, promotions, terminations, etc. are all conducted in accordance with Company procedures and applicable legal requirements. Responsible for implementation of Affirmative Action Plan and goals, as applicable.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- PHR/SPHR/CHRL/CPHR Certification preferred
- 5-7 years of HR experience
- Techniques in the areas of talent, engagement and workforce planning
- Federal, state and local employment laws
- Knowledge of talent acquisition techniques, recruitment, interviewing skills and selection
- Understanding of compensation and benefit policies and programs, employee relations practices.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.