HR Manager (Northern Minnesota)
Are you looking to move to the cabin? Seeking an HR Manager in Northern Minnesota to lead an HR Team for a quickly growing company. Looking for someone with great energy and positivity, ability to lead a recruitment strategy, employee engagement and retention, and self motivated.
The Head of HR is a key senior leader to support the business in recruiting, retention and team building. There are 6 direct reports to the Head of HR. The successful candidate will proactively partner with and support business leaders in their recruiting needs. Most of the recruiting needs are for hourly staff in production, warehouse, maintenance, and customer service. In addition to recruiting, tracking and enhancing retention through supervisor development and other initiatives will be a key focus for the Head of HR.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Identify HR needs throughout the company by developing strong relationships with leaders companywide.
- Develop and execute on marketing strategies for recruiting needs, including managing to a budget.
- Train supervisors and HR personnel in interviewing best practices.
- Refine and execute onboarding process for new recruits.
- Build and manage a team of HR professionals and recruiters (6 direct reports today, expected to grow).
- Manage outside recruiting vendors
- Develop tools, capabilities, and scorecards to track and analyze key metrics related to recruiting and retention.
- Support CEO in building upon a team-oriented culture across the Company.
- Manage and improve the performance appraisal process.
- Build and/or implement a training program to develop supervisors into more effective leaders.
- Engage with external legal counsel on employment law as appropriate.
- Analyze trends in compensation and benefits to ensure that the client recruits and retains top talent.
- Oversee payroll processing and employee benefits selection/implementation.
- Lead HR-related aspects of acquisitions.
- Help design the company employee benefits package
Required Skills and Experience:
- 4-year degree.
- 5+ years of relevant experience required.
- Background in UltiPro
- Strong self-awareness and relationship building skills.
- Proactive self-starter with the ability to identify a problem and solve it without being asked.
- Highly developed written and oral communications skills, with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Demonstrate ability to cope with stress and maintain a pleasant and cooperative temperament with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate ability to perform mental tasks such as making decisions, learning, thinking rationally and exercising good judgment.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.