The Human Resources Business Partner is a trusted partner, progressive thinker, and strategist to business leaders for all HR matters. As a HRBP, you will align North American HR programs with business strategy and relevant employment laws and regulations. You will also work with leaders to provide day-to-day employee relations and performance management guidance, help design their organization and optimize talent, and advise, coach, and support leaders to maximize performance, effectively lead change, encourage teamwork, and engage and develop talent. This role has a hybrid arrangement working 2-3 days in office and the balance at home.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Consult with leaders to ensure alignment of performance management with pay-for-performance recommendations and reward and recognition programs.
- Act as advocate and advisor to employees and leaders regarding career and leadership development.
- Develop investigation plans, conduct investigations, make recommendations, and oversee the implementation of decisions that lead to the fair and consistent resolution of issues and complaints.
- Manage ER matters, including performance management, terminations, restructuring, accommodation requests, workplace drug/alcohol/violence matters, conflict resolution, etc.
- Develop and implement comprehensive staffing plans for the organization and proactively partner with Talent Acquisition team on strategies to attract top talent.
- Partner with the Senior Human Resources Business Partner supporting organizational design and implementation strategies for defined client group.
Requires Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience, preferably in Business, HR, or a related discipline.
- 7+ years relevant experience in Human Resources, including experience in organization design, talent assessment and development, change management, recruitment, job and compensation programs, employee relations, and managing complex/sensitive workplace investigations. Strong working knowledge of US federal and state employment laws and regulations, Canadian employment legislation and the ability to appropriately identify employment/labor law issues.
- Strong business orientation
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, and the ability to educate, influence and indirectly lead a large range of individuals across multiple HR and business functions
- Proven success establishing collaborative relationships with individuals at all levels and in all parts of the organization
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Change agent and role model for leading cultural change.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action
- Strong time management, project management and prioritization skills, with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects/matters to closure
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Workday HRIS system a plus
Versique is a high-performance recruiting firm based in Minneapolis, MN specializing in interim solutions, direct hire, and executive leadership search. We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Our experienced functional recruiting teams work within a variety of areas of expertise (HR, Finance & Accounting, Demand Generation, IT, and Engineering) and broad industries (Healthcare, Banking, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Private Equity, and Family-Owned). Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest and fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.