Human Resources Generalist
Our client, a transportation services provider, is seeking a skilled and knowledegable Human Resources Generalist to manage their HR function. If you have experience delivering in all functions of human resources and thrive in an environment dedicated to employees and their success, check this out!
Reporting to the President and CEO, the Human Resource Generalist’s primary role is to serve as the Company’s HR Professional to develop and implement Human Resources practices and objectives that provide an employee-oriented, collaborative, professional, and high-performance culture. This position is responsible for day-to-day operations in the areas of recruitment/retention, employee relations, training, on-boarding, performance management, policy development and implementation, benefit administration, and maintaining employee data.
- Provide consulting and functional support on human resource operations, talent management, and other business or HR initiatives
- Review updates to employment laws and provide input to company leaders regarding recommended action
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional associations
- Develop, implement, and administer all human resources policies and procedures
- Partner with leaders to communicate various human resource policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations
- Develop, implement, and administer recruitment efforts for all positions; partner with supervisors/managers to identify open position needs and requirements; develop effective recruitment strategies for open positions; writes and places advertisements and develops vendor resources and contracts
- Develop, implement and maintain the applicant tracking system, ensuring all data, forms, and communications support the Employment Brand and that accurate and effective filtering of job applicants are compliant
- Manage recruitment vendor contracts to ensure best pricing as well as utilization of best products and practices
- Review and screen applications and conduct interviews to match experience with specific job-related and departmental requirements
- Work with supervisors/managers coordinating interviews and help identify best candidate
- Conduct employee orientation and onboarding including: Welcome packet communications, new hire orientation, benefit communications, and coordination of all benefit and payroll forms and activations.
- Communicate and coordinate potential new hire pre-employment screening
- Assist managers with coordination and planning of training & development programs, perform independent follow up meetings with both manager and new hire to ensure positive onboarding and training experience, revise programs as needed
- Participate in staff meetings and attend other meetings and seminars
- Lead annual open enrollment communications and activities
- Assists employees with their benefit selections & changes, coordinate the processing and activation of all open enrollment changes & updates and
- Reconcile benefit invoices ensuring accuracy of billing
- Answer routine HR related questions and serve as a resource for questions regarding company policy and procedures, benefits, payroll, etc.
- Provide support to employees in various HR related topics such as leaves, issues and concerns
- Help facilitate a timely performance management process
- Partner with managers to maintain job descriptions and identify training needs
- Develop and lead talent planning initiatives, and supporting development programs
- Maintain compliance with federal, state and local employment laws
- Maintain compliance with all Federal and State Employment Law posters ensuring up to date postings at primary offices
- Maintain candidate files and records ensuring compliance of policies, procedures and employment laws
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential