Human Resources Generalist – Western Suburbs
Our manufacturing client is looking for a Human Resources Generalist to join their HR team. This employee owned business invests in their employees and offers a culture that is fun and caring, and a reputation for hiring passionate and intelligent people! If you are an HR Generalist driven to do great work, this role could be for you!
Reporting to the Senior Human Resources Business Partner, the Human Resources Generalist handles all aspects of HR with an emphasis on recruiting, employee relations, performance management, and FMLA management. The HR Generalist provides proactive, innovative, and customer focused HR solutions based on knowledge of the company, employees and established objectives.
- Partner with managers to create recruiting and marketing plans to support staffing needs
- Work with talent acquisition to manage the recruiting process, including job postings, communication with managers and candidates, interview scheduling, and reference checks
- Schedule and facilitate new hire onboarding, deliver an exceptional first-day experience
- Update the Company Applicant Tracking System as applicable
- Proactively network with potential candidates
- Participate in job fairs
- Handle employment-related inquiries from employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff
- Receive and effectively handling employee concerns
- Support supervisors and managers with performance management and employee relations
- Respond to unemployment claims
- Conduct exit interviews
- Manage all aspects of Family Medical Leave Act administration, including communications, paperwork, document review
- Work with payroll to process STD
- Support wellbeing initiatives and projects
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law
- Develop, interpret and administer company practices
- Provide great customer service to employees at all levels
- Leads, supports, and/plans company events such the holiday lunch, company parties, etc.
- Own or support HR projects as needed
- Escorts injured employees to the clinic as a back-up
- Engage in the reasonable suspicion process as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 3+ years of human resource generalist experience
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- A professional HR certification is desirable.
- HR Generalist knowledge in the following: recruiting/staffing, employee relations, and performance management
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, prioritize and follow through on commitments