Human Resources Manager – Minneapolis
Our client, a diversified materials manufacturing business, is seeking an experienced HR Manager to lead human resources for their facility in Minneapolis! If you've worked in a multi-site environment, have union experience, and had a love for HR and change management, you should consider this opportunity!
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Human Resources, the Human Resources Manager serves as a business advisor, providing HR consultation and recommendations in support of business needs. This is a hands-on and strategic role in which the incumbent provides expertise in employee relations, workforce planning, performance management, compensation, retention, coaching, conflict management, and supports ad hoc projects.
- Serve as a business partner and advisor, gaining the trust of the organization in order to influence and provide effective HR advice and support.
- Maintain working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, talent acquisition, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws
- Promote a philosophy of employee relations throughout the company which emphasizes open communications, the value of people, equal opportunities and treatment, and continuous learning.
- Deliver full life-cycle recruiting, with support from the talent acquisition team, for site level roles
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the HR team to draw insights, develop solutions, programs and practices
- Oversee salary administration to include annual performance management and compensation processes
- Implement and maintain processes locally to ensure data integrity in the HRIS system
- Develop and monitor the local HR budget
- Travel up to 20% domestically
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or related field
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Human Resources Certification (e.g. SHRM-CP, PHR), or ability to obtain within one year of employment
- Union/Labor relations experience, union negotiations/discussions
- Experience in a multi-site environment
- Master’s degree
- Strong knowledge of state and federal regulations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to effectively build relationships and influence at all levels of the organization
- Excellent analytical skills and decision-making abilities
- Effective prioritization, multi-tasking and time management