Human Resources Manager – West Metro
Our client, a leading environmental and engineering services company, is seeking a Human Resources Business Partner with experience consulting with leaders and supporting employees. If you love HR, and you have experience partnering with colleagues, employees, and business leaders, this could be the opportunity for you!
Reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources, the Human Resources Manager will partner with leaders on HR challenges and opportunities, work to manage and resolve complex employee issues, and partner with other HR experts to support business objectives and goals.
- Manage 1-2 human resources employees
- Manage and resolve employee relations and performance management issues
- Lead company-wide HR programs/processes/initiatives; including planning, coordinating and executing successful implementations to improve the employee experience and maintain compliance
- Implement and administer employee policies and procedures, and identify ways to improve
- Work with managers to facilitate hiring and on-boarding, and identify ways to continuously improve processes
- Provide support to employees in various HR related topics such as leaves of absence, accommodations, compensation, unemployment claims, etc.
- Promote HR programs to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace which supports Company values
- Conduct investigations as needed including but not limited to harassment, discrimination, and violation of company policies
- Work with management to support employees through development and standardization of performance management program
- Develop a strong understanding of the business and industry, and provide support in a manner that aligns with goals
- Develop, standardize and implement compensation programs like annual salary planning, annual bonuses, commission, etc., and provide guidance and coaching to management in support of the programs
- Offer proactive recruiting assistance as needed
- Gather and analyze data with useful HR metrics, using the information to drive business changes and results
- Assist in maintaining employee files and records
- Stay current and utilize HR best practices by attend trainings and seminars on Human Resources laws, legislation, and trends
- Provide support to organizational teams regarding customer compliance
- As needed, support our Learning & Development team with training programs, engagement actions, etc.
- Travel periodically, as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources or related field experience
- 6+ years of directly related HR experience
- Experience in manufacturing, or water technologies
- Management of direct reports
- PHR or similar human resources certification
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High energy and ability to influence without authority
- Flexible, resourceful and comfortable working in fast-moving, changing circumstances/environments
- Strong attention to detail
- Computer aptitude; include Excel and PowerPoint experience