Information Technology Director
For over 40 years, our client is still family-owned and operated, and has helped over 3,000 independent insulation contractors and distributors successfully profit and grow their own businesses nationwide.
The Information Technology Director is responsible to provide overall leadership and management of the Information Technology (IT) functions, system and personnel.
The Information Technology Director duties include, but are not limited to:
New ERP System
• Participates and provides input into the evaluation and selection of a new Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
• Participates in and provides support during Implementation Planning of the new ERP system
• Participates in the review and negotiation of ERP system software licensing and implementation services contract agreements
• Provides support and management of the new ERP system implementation in terms of resources, planning and budget considerations.
• Collaborates with the ERP system developer, Value Added Resource (VAR) and ERP Committee to assist in a successful implementation, on-time and on-budget
• Provides IT leadership toward business process improvement and Best Practices as part of the new ERP implementation
• Provides on-going leadership for ensuring the ERP system addresses the needs of the business and provides an increasing ROI to the business
IT Department Function:
• Provide leadership, direction and management of the overall IT Department function
• Establishes and updates IT policies, standards, practices, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent operations and to safeguard information resources.
• Manages financial aspects of the IT department, including purchasing, budgeting (e.g. operating expenses, capital expenses), and budget review
• Supervises and provides direction of job responsibilities and tasks of IT personnel
• Performs performance reviews and salary adjustments for IT personnel
• Provide leadership in the continuous improvement and utilization of the Company’s IT resources (e.g. Personnel, ERP System, Hardware, System Software, Databases, etc.)
• Provide leadership in continuous improvement of business processes and Best Practices
• Provide leadership of the Company’s IT Steering Committee and Quarterly Meetings
• Develop a Strategic IT Plan that supports the Company’s Strategic Business Plan
• Develop an Annual IT Plan and Financial Budget
• Keeps current with the latest technologies and proactively determines what new technology solutions will enhance our business, system, and compliance needs
• Leads and manages vendor and service provider relationships and contract agreements in the area of IT.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Information Technology Director will supervise the IT Department positions such as, but not limited to the IT Manager, Sr. Data Architect and the IT Support Staff.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products.
• Proficiency in Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016 and Windows 10.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Windows Terminal Server, Exchange Server, Active Directory.
• Strong working knowledge of virtualization technologies, specifically VM Ware.
• Must be able to communicate and teach basic computer skills to variety of audiences from the beginner to the expert user. Experience training individuals on a variety of software and hardware.
• Strong working knowledge of Watchguard Firewalls and VPN configurations.
• Ability to troubleshoot diverse types of hardware and software problems.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, co-workers and vendors.
• Understanding of basic financial ratios and financial performance scorecards related to KPI’s inventory and other financial areas.
• Gain a complete understanding of all company business processes.
• Ability to meet project deadlines.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to pay attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task, work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
Education and/or Experience:
• BS/BA and/or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Business Administration.
• Five to Ten years of experience working in information systems department of medium to large sized enterprises. ($250M to $1Billion in revenue) with over 40 locations
• Five or more years of experience managing and directing information systems departments in medium to large sized enterprises.
• Provide strong business orientation and effective use of IT to address business objective
• Experience in successfully implementing new ERP systems in multi-location companies
• Solid technical knowledge and experience in the use and application of the most current technologies and products used in the wholesale distribution industry
• Experience working with a privately-held, family owned businesses