Roles & Responsibilities:
- Reviews, or directs review of, personnel records to determine names, rates of pay, and occupations of newly hired workers, and changes in wage rates and occupations of employees on payroll.
- Understands and facilitates ex-patriot agreement and tax issues including tax gross up.
- Records, or directs recording of, new or changed pay rates in payroll register or computer files.
- Directs computation of pay according to company policy.
- Directs compilation and preparation of other payroll data such as pension, insurance, and credit union payments.
- Interprets company policies and government regulations affecting payroll procedures.
- Directs preparation of government reports.
- Reviews payroll to ensure accuracy including all payroll deductions.
- Investigates and resolves errors and complaints.
- Manages all payroll employees including plant payroll employees.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow.
- Issues written and oral instructions.
- Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates.
- Maintains harmony among workers and resolves grievances.
Required Skills & Experiences:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7-10 years of related Payroll experience
- ADP payroll processing is required
- Workday HRIS / payroll experience preferred
- CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) Preferred
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Accounting software; Human Resource systems; Payroll systems; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Directly supervises two employees in the Payroll Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.