The Senior Accountant is responsible for maintaining the general ledger and financial reporting through the monthly, quarterly, and year-end close processes. In addition, the Senior Account will also support external audit completion and various new projects and initiatives.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Track and amortize costs for prepaid expenses
- Assist with franchise tax and sales & use tax filings with external tax specialists
- Accurate processing of payroll, including month-end accruals
- Calculate and record sales commissions
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts across multiple entities
- Support general ledger accounting functions including establishing accruals and variance analysis of balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Support operational accounting functions, including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Fixed Asset management
- Support the month-end close process, including financial statement preparation and analysis
- Prepare journal entries and related supporting documentation
- Assist external auditors with quarterly reviews and annual audits
- Assist with SOX processes and documentation
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years' accounting experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Sage Intacct is a plus
- Bachelor's degree or higher in accounting
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as analytical and problem-solving skills
- Individual who is self-motivated, self-directed with the ability to drive value independently
- Ability to multi-task and take on a wide variety of duties
Versique is a high-performance recruiting firm based in Minneapolis, MN specializing in interim solutions, direct hire, and executive leadership search. We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Our experienced functional recruiting teams work within a variety of areas of expertise (HR, Finance & Accounting, Demand Generation, IT, and Engineering) and broad industries (Healthcare, Banking, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Private Equity, and Family-Owned). Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest and fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.