The Internal Audit Manager will lead projects and work with all levels of management on audits and special projects. Travel up to 50% across US, Canada, and Mexico - remote flexible for home location.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assist the VP Internal Audit in developing an integrated, value-adding audit function, and in executing the internal audit plan
- Oversight of individual audit engagements including operational audit and SOX testing in Americas and Europe region including planning, performing and analyzing audit results using an integrated audit approach which concentrates on high risk areas, and review of both operational and financial controls.
- Risk Assessment, including:
- Assist the Director to create entity-level fraud risk assessments to ensure testing is performed in the appropriate locations
- Understand potential risk in processes and transactions relating to each business unit
- Planning of the audit, including:
- Schedule department audits and other projects based on available resources, business unit needs and other priorities
- Design appropriate risk-based audit procedures and work plans to ensure the objectives of each audit are achieved (i.e., integrity and reliability of information, process efficiency and effectiveness, safeguarding of assets, compliance with laws, regulation, policies, and procedures)
- Execution of the audit, including:
- Interact with local staff (whether internal and/or co-sourced) and management at all levels to understand the business
- Review and audit financial reporting and business processes managed by local finance and management teams
- Identify processes weaknesses and/or areas of potential risk-based audit procedures
- Supervision of other resources (loan and/or rotational resources) supporting specific engagements
- Ensure work paper documentation supports auditing conclusions
- Reporting and analyzing the results, including:
- Prepare and present final audit reports to local and senior management to discuss areas of risk identified, processes weaknesses, areas of risk, recommendation to mitigate that risk
- Evaluate related action plans and process improvement opportunities with local management
- Manage the audit findings log to ensure appropriate Internal Audit follow-up with management to ensure management action plans are implemented satisfactory. Escalate discrepancies directly with Group and/or Corporate management to determine the reasonableness and appropriateness of remediation plans.
- Assist in building and maintaining a partner relationship with management to develop and maintain cost-effective, efficient systems of internal control
- Review the compliance with applicable Laws and Regulations
- Coach, develop and support Internal Audit staff
- Supports the Director in certain administrative capacities such as the departmental budget
- 15-20% special projects like due diligence, acquisition integration, rationalization studies, and process improvement initiatives
- Act as finance controller on a temporary basis in our facilities when necessary
Required Skills & Experience:
- 4-6 years of experience in public accounting or a combination of public accounting and manufacturing industry experience. Strong working knowledge of US GAAP. CPA preferred.
- Ability to research and conclude on accounting issues.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong analytical skills - ability to analyze and detect trends, issues or flaws; determine root case of issues; and partner with others to drive solutions.
- Knowledge of business processes and efficiencies.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strict attention to detail
- Excellent report writing skill
- Frequent travel (Domestic and International) is required
Versique is a high-performance recruiting firm based in Minneapolis, MN specializing in interim solutions, direct hire, and executive leadership search. We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Our experienced functional recruiting teams work within a variety of areas of expertise (HR, Finance & Accounting, Demand Generation, IT, and Engineering) and broad industries (Healthcare, Banking, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Private Equity, and Family-Owned). Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest and fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.