This exciting position is responsible for leadership and oversight of the IT team as well as direct, hands-on support of the technical and service support functions.
Direct Reports (5): IT Team, (4) (contractor), Print Room (Current – subject to change)
Roles and Responsibilities:
• IT infrastructure management
• Hardware and Software systems
• Data Security Initiatives – (Bangalore)
• Developing business strategies in support of client delivery and competitive advantage.
- Serve as a strategic partner to client’s leaders by providing thought leadership and input regarding relevant system perspective, tools, connectivity, and service.
- Manage traditional aspects of system initiatives and provide advice and support to evaluate potential options with regard to the business as a whole.
- Stay abreast of relevant industry and compliance trends that could impact the business and make recommendations accordingly. – Security aspects, incident recovery and business continuity.
- Serve as a thought leader for enterprise risk management as it pertains to data delivery, integrity, and ingenuity.
- Assume leadership for evaluating and executing all strategic opportunities identified and approved by firm leadership and support for integration.
- Manage external advisory relationships, including risk, legal and technical and work closely with other external service providers.
- Make recommendations to company leaders concerning the effective selection and use of systems and software to enhance efficiency and maximize profitability.
Planning and Analysis and Reporting:
- Develop short and long-range technical strategies to support the growth of the business. Provide insight to the annual budgeting processes for systems.
- Create annual IT budget for systems, hardware, services, etc.
- Develop and regularly monitor key reporting, measuring, evaluation of costs, effectiveness and identification of information technology trends.
- Develop organizational IT capacity to support software access, training educated business decisions and guide corporate strategy through forecasting.
- Develop strategic and operational ideas for improvements, including adoption of best practices that appropriately serve the business.
- Effectively develop, mentor and retain a high performing team to meet short and long-term business needs.
- Set expectations and manage performance of the team, providing regular coaching, feedback and accountability to ensure that individual and organizational goals are met.
- Leverage strengths of team members and clarify/realign the department structure, roles and responsibilities to support the continued success of our client.
- Utilize and leverage external resources as needed to provide the necessary technical and functional expertise to support the business.
- Promote teamwork and collaboration across RSP by coordinating and communicating across the organization, ensuring well-orchestrated work efforts.
- Windows based network systems and file structure
- Creative Cloud
- Apple based marketing and graphics
- Zoom Conferencing
- Telphony platform with Teams
- Misc. collaboration tools and software
- Infrastructure support
As a leader, IT Director is expected to demonstrate the following leadership competencies:
Thinks broadly and can effectively plan new strategic initiatives as required. Surveys the market and considers trends that appropriately scale to needs and interests. Sees the business holistically rather than in silos. Prioritizes the organization’s interests above individual interests.
Understands and accounts for long-term implications in planning and decision-making.
Demonstrates highly developed technology systems knowledge and leadership. Stays abreast of trends and regulatory changes, and appropriately disseminates knowledge throughout the organization.
Translates organizational strategies and objectives into timely, accurate and actionable plans. Ensures that decision making is supported by clear and accurate reports and analyses. Models the ability to translate complex concepts for non-technical audiences.
Integrity & Trust
Demonstrates a developed sense of judgment, and the highest levels of discretion and prudence. Adheres to the core values and principles. Is widely trusted. Actively pursues excellence, professionalism, and continuous improvement. Owns mistakes and seeks to learn from them.
Collaboration & Teamwork
Relates well with people at all levels. Builds support and trust among peers and key stakeholders. Brings together different perspectives to create win-win solutions. Models excellence, positivity and collegiality. Creates a strong team atmosphere in which people work collaboratively to produce outstanding results. for the entire organization.
Understands and manages the risks involved in leading transformation in a professional services organization. Is appropriately hands-on and directs the organization to achieve results and prioritize effectively.
Applies broad knowledge and seasoned experience when addressing complex issues; recognizes interrelationships among issues and identifies the implications for other parts of the business; takes all critical information into account when making decisions; makes timely tough decisions; challenges status quo thinking and assumptions.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Dynamic and strategic technology leader
- Minimum of 12 to 15 years of progressive experience
- Strong technology integration knowledge
- Gained in professional services in an organization(s) of similar size (>$100MM revenue, 400+ employees) and in a multi-site environment
- A strong foundational proficiency in all technology operations, including planning and analysis, and functional expertise
- Experience balancing big picture strategic leadership with driving business execution and day-to-day operations
- A history of instilling rigor and discipline is critical
- A strategic business partner and possess a track record of developing and implementing strategies that support the achievement of business objectives
- Experience in an ESOP structured entity is considered a plus
- Experience with a business on a growth curve
- Experience working with a governing board is also preferred
- A Bachelor’s degree in information technology, or related field is required.
- The highest ethical standards are expected
- An understanding of the nuances of the AEC industry coupled with a passion for the industry is relevant.
- International experience is helpful, as is familiar with project-based accounting.
Ideal Candidate Profile
The ideal candidate will be a curious, diplomatic, patient and proactive change agent with executive presence and the ability to educate and instill confidence in others. This individual will be confident, adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity and will enjoy building business processes to support profitable growth. A forward thinking, innovative, outside of the box thinker with the ability to provide a long-range strategic perspective is desired. A continuous improvement mentality is critical.
The successful candidate will have high EQ, well-developed interpersonal & the ability to work collaboratively and develop chemistry with an eclectic and creative group of people.
A highly transparent communicator with a direct style, and an ability to effectively articulate and translate facts and figures and make clearly stated and understandable recommendations. The ability to effect change through collaboration, influence and in a spirit of partnership will be key.
Decisive and approachable with a demonstrated ability to build successful relationships across all levels of an organization.
Versique is a high-performance recruiting firm based in Minneapolis, MN specializing in interim solutions, direct hire, and executive leadership search. We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Our experienced functional recruiting teams work within a variety of areas of expertise (HR, Finance & Accounting, Demand Generation, IT, and Engineering) and broad industries (Healthcare, Banking, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Private Equity, and Family-Owned). Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest and fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.