The IT Generalist is responsible for everything from implementing applications to monitoring network systems. This IT generalist covers various tasks in the IT department without specializing in any one area. Typical responsibilities include participation in the design, development, implementation, documentation, administration, maintenance, and support of a variety of technology systems and services. An employee in this job performs IT duties in the following technical areas: applications development; database administration; networking; website support; or IT support and administration services. The IT Generalist will also be responsible for researching and resolving technical problems and issues directed to IT Support as well as the SQL and Reporting Environment.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Design, create, and implement database systems based on the end user's requirements.
- Optimize and maintain database environments on SQL server.
- Provide database support for all reporting requests/build-outs (PowerBI, SSRS, Excel, etc.)
- Participate in development solutions by analyzing, interpreting, and evaluating various precedents and data to develop alternative solutions while identifying risks and benefits.
- Provide technical support to both in-house and remote users. This includes handling issues that the first-level technical support staff could not resolve and troubleshooting specific systems errors and issues.
- Train and support staff in the use of hardware and software associated with company systems.
- Creates and updates the documentation of business requirements, procedures, and processes.
- Assist with user acceptance testing of projects; tracking to defined requirements.
- Act as IT initial point-of-contact for NetSuite and other internal systems, lead trainings of general users, and troubleshoot issues when necessary.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of our products and general biological and chemical systems utilized within the company. Know how the activities performed in the company are controlled by and interact with the Quality System and how they affect the production of medical devices and tissues as applicable.
- Assist in the completion and retention of documentation pertaining to all SOPs as required.
- Legibly and accurately complete all documentation associated with assigned duties in accordance with GDP and review the written documentation of others as required.
- Maintain information in physical and electronic files as required.
- Train on and demonstrate proficiency in document control system.
Required Skills & Experience:
- B.S.in Computer Science, Information systems, Management Information Systems, or a related area is required.
- Year(s) of relevant experience.
- Proven ability to assess business needs and translate them into relevant solutions.
- Proven ability to identify correct logic relationships and statements.
- Proven ability to analyze information to diagnose and troubleshoot technical problems.
- Proficient in SQL.
- Experience in maintaining and designing SSIS packages.
- Experience with SSRS reports.
- Self-motivated, customer oriented, and a team player with the ability to work independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to document processes and systems that business users can understand.
- Knowledge of information technology concepts and practices.
- Knowledge of the component parts of personal computers, peripherals, servers, and their associated functionality.
- Knowledge of the functions and capabilities of hardware and software.
- Knowledge of database concepts.
- Knowledge of application development concepts.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting techniques.
- Knowledge of the use and interpretation of diagnostic utility programs used in troubleshooting problems.
- Knowledge of the principles of information technology project management.
- Ability to read and interpret technical materials such as specifications, technical manuals, and other project documentation.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.