Lead Software Development Engineer
Well Funded startup looking to build amazing culture and even more stunning applications. This is going to be big.
Well-funded startup is growing fast and is seeking multiple Lead Engineers! Our Lead Engineers will need to be incredibly well versed in multiple technologies and be independent, resourceful, and proactive. We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic leaders able to guide and shape the architecture and destiny of our technology landscape.
• Lead a cross functional team of developers and technologists creating our digital experiences (mobile apps, web apps, data, streaming)
• Contribute to all tiers of our technology stack and our full system architecture
• Evaluate new technologies and approaches and communicate learnings up, down and out
• Ensure code quality via participation in code reviews and pull requests
• Improve unit and functional testing efforts and increase test coverage
• Run continuous improvement projects within the team and mentor other engineers
• Cultivate a culture of excellence and high achievement
• Provide technical expertise to product teams, advising best practices and highlighting risks
• Deliver technical expertise as directed by leadership
• You have strong technology skills with a penchant for self-directed learning
• You're an excellent project manager with high attention to detail – you know how to prioritize activities, estimate work, and get product out the door
• You’ve been around the block enough times that even your imperfect estimates are useful and consistent
• You're cool under pressure and can handle the pains of new implementations and tackling high priority integrations
• You value virtues like kindness, humility, respect, empathy, and loyalty above everything else
• BS in Computer Science, Math (or a related technical field)
• 2-3 years as a technical lead or hands-on team manager in an agile environment
• 5+ years of software development experience
• Extensive experience using the public cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure) – AWS highly preferred
• Experience working in a compliant and/or regulated environment, e.g. HIPAA, PCI, GLI, SOX, etc.
• Familiarity with various service and application framework patterns, e.g. microservices, MVC patterns, LAMP, MEAN, etc.
• Understanding of both SQL and NoSQL technologies, e.g. MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, etc.
• Understanding of modern DevOps and enablement practices, e.g. DevOps pipelines, containerization and orchestration, automation, and lean methodologies
What's in it for you?
• Competitive salary
• Unlimited PTO
• Opportunity to join a fast-growing, high-performing, venture-backed startup at an early-stage
• Leadership role within a hard-working, collaborative, high-performing team
• Flexible work schedules and ability to work remotely
• Commitment to a healthy workplace