Lead Software Engineer
Market leading SaaS E-Commerce company. Dynamic and fast paced environment awaits!
We are looking for a talented, self-motivated individual to join one of our software development teams. We are looking for a technical lead that will write software, mentor junior developers, create system designs, perform code reviews, etc. Although we have a talented team, we have several junior developers, so we’re really looking for someone who has the skills and desire to step in and be a leader on the team.
This team is responsible for an entire product line, which is our market-leading SaaS e-commerce solution. Using this software parents can register and pay for nearly every fee that they owe their kids’ school, from paying for field trips to registering for school sports teams. We have a single scrum team that owns the entire product from front to back end. Because we are a small team, you will be able to see direct impact of your work on our product and our customers. In some ways it feels like a startup environment, but with the benefits of being part of a larger company for stability.
We use Microsoft technologies on the back end, primarily C#, MVC, web services, and SQL Server, and on the front end, we are standardizing on Angular 2. We follow an Agile scrum process, including two-week sprints, daily standup meetings, sprint planning, sprint review, retrospectives etc.
We’re looking for a talented developer, of course, with strong technical skills. But just as importantly, we’re looking for a leader and team player. We’re passionate about having a great team that works together and produces great results while having fun.
What you'll do:
- Provide leadership and champion design, coding, testing, and agile best practices for development team
- Partner with Product Owner and Team Coach in ideation and refinement new feature requirements
- Partner with stakeholders to define and manage initiative scope, budget, and schedule
- Be a team player, including participating in scrum meetings, design meetings, performing and receiving code reviews, mentoring and learning from your peers.
- Perform both front-end and back-end development.
- Ensure that the application is stable and that escalated support tickets are being addressed in a timely manner. Troubleshoot, debug & resolve issues as they arise.
- Daily participation in stand-up meetings. Lead and participate in other Agile meetings, including sprint reviews, demos, planning, and retrospectives.
Who you are:
- BS Computer Science or related field, or equivalent combination of training and experience
- 10 or more years overall software development experience
- 5 or more years’ experience developing web applications
- 5 or more years’ experience with relational DBs, including SQL, TSQL, database design and best practices (SQL Server preferred)
- 5 or more years’ experience with web services and familiarity with REST concepts
- Advanced experience with majority of the following technologies:
- .NET, C#, ASP.NET, JSON, MVC .NET
- Angular, Bootstrap and/or React
- Preferred experience with one or more of the following technologies:
- .NET Core, NodeJS
- Entity Framework
- Microsoft Azure
- Experience with both front-end and back-end development
- Strong knowledge of software development best practices, including Agile methodologies
- Advanced understanding of software design patterns and principles
- Advanced understanding, proficiency, and advocacy of TDD/Unit Testing concepts
- Intermediate experience with CI/CD concepts desired
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills
- Self-directed, detail oriented, creative problem solver
What we offer:
- 100% Employer Paid Health Insurance Base Plan, Dental, Vision, Life and ADD Insurance
- Paid Holidays and 4 weeks PTO
- 401(k) Plan with employer match
- Opportunities to lead and develop your team processes and structure
- Small collaborative teams where you can impact both outcome and culture
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Volunteer opportunities organized by the company
- Join a rapidly growing company that promotes internally