Lead Software Engineer
Our client delivers insurance that provides a level of security to farmers and ranchers, who operate at the mercy of the weather and markets. Our client is known for quick response and fast, accurate claims service. No organization is more knowledgeable about agricultural risk management than our client.
Candidates must be local to MN, and eligible for full time hire in the U.S.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Lead Software Engineer to join our team in the Maple Grove, MN office. When viewed from 30,000 ft the development lead role serves the feature teams so that they can work at a higher level. It does so by providing estimates to business stakeholders and support to feature teams. The lead’s mission is to enable feature teams to be more productive and efficient.
We’re known for our quick response and fast, accurate claims settlement. We understand how important this is because many of us are farmers and ranchers ourselves. With more than 90 years of service to our agents & insureds, we stand committed to continuing the principles that our client was founded on: Integrity, Loyalty and Customer Service.
- Leads kickoff and overview meetings with teams and assigns features to development teams.
- Identifies detailed features with acceptance criteria, develops estimates per feature, identifies discrepancies, identifies and documents risks and assumptions and completes a prototype if needed.
- When working with feature teams, their focus is on improving the quality of interactions between the teams.
- Take a collaborative approach when working with a platform team on short-lived occasions.
- Responsible for troubleshooting issues in non-production environments and with other teams to resolve any issues.
- Play release manager and engineer roles during releases.
The ideal candidate for the Lead Software Engineer position will have demonstrated success in the primary areas of focus and responsibility.
- Experience – Ideally, the successful candidate will have:
- Six years of relevant and progressive professional experience
- Four years of experience in leadership, including strategic planning and setting technical direction
- Educational Requirements. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a related field, or the equivalent education and/or experience.
- Experience in Analysis, Design and Development skills.
- Experience with and proven ability of the following: process modeling, data modeling, systems development methodologies, performance tuning, and application monitoring.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact and diplomacy.
- Ensures Accountability. Takes personal responsibility and ownership of successes and challenges
- Communicates Effectively. Actively seeks out and communicates with key stakeholders in all situations
- Resourcefulness. Determines how to meet customer and employee needs and finds the resources to get it done
- Customer Focus. Every interaction is a customer and is handled with empathy and seriousness
- Instills Trust. Makes intentions clear and meets shared challenges together, showing respect for the relationship and the team
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.