Our client is looking for a LOA Consultant who has experience managing Leave of Absences (LOA) within an organization for a 3+ month contract engagement. Our client is dedicated to serving their customers with specialized services unique to their needs and they do so by hiring and engaging top talent. If you are a LOA Consultant who enjoys helping organizations take care of their employees, and you have experience with LOA, this may be the next role for you!
Our client is looking for a LOA Consultant for a 3+ month contract engagement. The LOA Consultant will be responsible for the administration of leave of absence (LOA) programs across the organization, including: FMLA, medical, personal, parental, Military, and all other leaves. In addition, this position is responsible for all job accommodations under the ADA. This LOA Consultant will be working on a team and should be collaborative and adaptable in their approach to work.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Implements and tracks policies, processes, tools, and procedures for the successful and effective management and administration of all absences, including return-to-work and accommodation support and coordination
- Interprets and proactively administers leave programs and policies in accordance with the applicable federal and state employment laws (e.g., FMLA, ADA, USERRA, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, Workers' Compensation etc.), including complex leaves interacting with multiple laws, benefits, and business demands
- Builds business relationships with employee, department leaders, and supervisors and maintains appropriate contact with employee and department management to educate, provide updates, guidance, and consultative advice to effectively manage leaves, resolve matters related to employee leaves, and help the business to anticipate future leave planning and impacts
- Facilitates issue resolution with manager, employee, HRBPs, and legal counsel as needed
- Maintains proper documentation on all manager and employee interactions related to cases
- Verifies employee HR system and payroll records are updated appropriately and performs audits to ensure HR system and payroll leave information is correct and reconciled
- Collaborates with the third-party administrator to ensure the injured employees are receiving prompt and appropriate medical attention
- Ensures all employee accidents are reported to the third-party administrator as promptly as possible
- Collaborates with workers' compensation claims adjuster, medical professionals, and legal counsel in handling return-to-work or restricted duty issues
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources preferred, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in a Human Resources role with direct experience managing LOA for an organization
- SHRM-CP or PHR preferred
- Strong working knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, including but not limited to FMLA, ADA, and other disability laws
- Demonstrated problem solving, judgment, and conflict-resolution skills with the ability to provide high quality recommendations independently
- Proficiency in all software systems related to HR and payroll as well as Excel and Word
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while meeting required deadlines
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Excellent attention to detail and a high degree of analytical abilities
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with all levels of the organization
- Well versed in both state and federal employment laws
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.
Versique Job Code: 38774 & 38775