M&A Integration Project Manager
Versique’s Client, a fast-growing healthcare organization, is adding a newly created M&A Integration Project Manager to their collaborative, communicative and dynamic team.
The M&A Integration Project Manager will lead the integration projects of acquired entities including pre-acquisition integration planning, post-acquisition integration activities, business process implementation and transition services management. The role is critical to ensuring that business case opportunities and cost/margin synergies are achieved and that risks are minimized.
Under the direct guidance and supervision of the VP, Corporate Development and operational leaders, the role is responsible for the coordination and management of multiple cross-functional streams of work in the integration project. The M&A Integration Project Manager will support the corporate development function in its execution of its strategic plans and functional work streams.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Integration Project Management
- Development and management of a complex integration plan (Roadmap and Project Plan) ensuring key milestones are met and dependencies managed
- Mobilize project team resources, business and support teams to achieve objectives, assign roles and responsibilities
- Manage the project plan to ensure it stays within time and budget tolerances and seek to overdeliver on budget, quality and performance
- Ensure projects are planned and executed in-line with a standard PMO approach
Cross-Function Integration Team Management
- Lead identification of work stream interdependencies and ensure they are managed successfully
- Guide team leaders throughout the project by delegating tasks and coordinating training as needed
- Lead through strategic change management and provide coaching and application
- Hold regular meetings to provide information, identify interdependencies, secure cross-sector alignment, and agreements
Acquisitions Integration Reporting and Communication
- Communicate progress and results throughout the enterprise on regular basis
- Prepares executive communication that clearly articulates enterprise priorities, roadmaps, status of initiatives, resource needs, opportunities and/or risks to financial and operational plan
- Serve as Liaison between project teams and Leadership to understand and communicate project needs and develop innovative solutions
- Identify and communicate additional opportunities for business value delivery
- Identify and escalate issues/risks facing project teams and work with cross functional management teams to develop solutions to improve current emergent processes and roadblocks
Development of the Integration Playbook
- Creation of reusable integration project tools and artifacts that can be re-used on future M&A activity
- Develop and drive process standards that support a M&A lifecycle model.
- The Merger or Acquisition Project Manager will focus attention on all key issues that must be addressed in each phase of the deal. Assuring need/requirements of constituencies such as owners and other stakeholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and regulators are met, and the merger or acquisition achieves its intended value.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 7 years of experience leading operational integrations of acquired businesses as a Project Manager
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in Operations leadership and Project Management
- Demonstrated strong finance and accounting acumen
- PMP (Project Management Professional) required
- Experience in creating and leading cross-functional teams through complex integration projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance or equivalent required
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Experience in healthcare industry preferred
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in business software skills, including Microsoft Excel, SmartSheets PowerPoint and Word applications
- Strong and effective communication skills across multiple levels of the company and across multiple functional areas, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry, including an understanding of medical equipment manufacturer needs, product lines, operational and sales goals, objectives and issues, with a focus on Services.
- Strong analytical skills, including financial and accounting knowledge
- Must be adaptable and able to effectively handle multiple projects concurrently
- Detail-oriented with good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks efficiently and independently with a high degree of accuracy
- Self-motivated and proactive
- High degree of partnering skills: personal integrity; drive for results; forward thinker; performance-oriented, proactive and cross functional thinker
- Team leadership skills and team player orientation
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.